Turning off phone calls but able to use GPS?

suzukibking08

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I am going on vacation and my phone is a company paid work phone. I want to be able to turn off receiving phone calls but have everything else functional, GPS, internet etc. I looked into this before posting and could not find anything. I don't think airplane mode is what I am looking for. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think Airplane Mode actually is what you're looking for. If you turn on Airplane Mode, all radios will shut off (cell/mobile data, wi-fi, and GPS). But once you're in Airplane Mode, you can turn wi-fi back on, and you can also turn GPS on. This will allow you to access the web via wi-fi and use GPS, but the cell radio will still be off, so no calls can come through. Of course, since the cell radio is off, you won't be able to use mobile data.

suzukibking08

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think Airplane Mode actually is what you're looking for. If you turn on Airplane Mode, all radios will shut off (cell/mobile data, wi-fi, and GPS). But once you're in Airplane Mode, you can turn wi-fi back on, and you can also turn GPS on. This will allow you to access the web via wi-fi and use GPS, but the cell radio will still be off, so no calls can come through. Of course, since the cell radio is off, you won't be able to use mobile data.
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately this does not seem to be working. I won't have wifi when using the gps so how would that work if data is turned off? Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Mobile data (3G/4G) is different from wi-fi. Mobile data uses your cell signal for your internet connection. Wi-fi uses wi-fi for your internet connection. On Airplane Mode, the cell signal remains off, but you can still turn on wi-fi, so if there is a wi-fi network available, you can still connect to the internet.

If you turn on GPS only, you can still use it to locate yourself, but if wi-fi and mobile data are turned off, you won't be able to access the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non