Best In-ear wired headphones/inline mic

jcrawford777

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I too am searching for a wired headset with mic. I just bought a cheap pair of HTC oem?s that seam to work well except for the button controls. I didn?t expect the forward and reverse buttons to work but I was hoping that the answer/end button would function, that is not the case.

A working answer button is a must if you want to use a water proof case.

I was looking for the type of ear pieces that sit inside the ear and not inside the ear canal. Meaning I don?t want the ones that have silicone fittings, because they always transfer cord tremors to sound.
I just posted about Westone's a minutes ago then saw your post about cable transfer noise. Westone's cable is an over the ear braided cable with in-ear's and I get virtually no feedback or distortion or cord tremors. It really depends on the type you buy and of course how you spend. But spendinf a lot doesn't automatically mean their perfect. Westone is very close in their price point

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Cord tremors aren?t the only thing I don?t like about silicone in-ear-canal type headphones? they just feel funky. :) They get sticky and uncomfortable and even itch.

I?ve had a very noisy life being in the military with gun shots and heavy machine noise happening all around me without prior warnings? so I have lost some portions of the audible spectrum in both my ears, I can still hear everything just not the same portions in both ears. I?ll put it another way, even with my hearing loss I can still tell the difference between a lossless wav file and a 320 kbps mp3 file but I will never spend $185 on headphones even if my phone WASN?T going to be the only thing I would use them for.

Noise cancelling is also something I am not interested in as I want to hear ambient noise around me so I can tell if someone is trying to grab my attention, the only place that might be beneficial to me is on Airplanes. I have the same beef with Silicone earbuds, as those isolate ambient noise to much too. Maybe it?s just me but I really like to know what is going on around me, and to do that I need all my senses. The world can be very dangerous, even if you are just a civilian in a safe place.

The biggest aspect of headphones for the Droid X that concerns me is the in-line controls with a mic.

I can find headphones with a working mic but I cannot find a set that has working phone controls for the Droid X. I have searched quite a bit about this topic and the conclusion that I have come to is that: Moto Blur and/or the Android OS does not support the phone answer/end commands.

Android 2.1 didn?t support either answering or ending a phone call from in-line controls.

Android 2.2 does support answering a phone call but does not support ending a phone call. This is close enough in most cases, all you have to do is rely on the user on the other end of the call to hang up.

The support of phone controls is paramount if you want the Droid X to work in a waterproof case.

vper09

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
any other suggestions?
sorry for bumping an old thread. I googled the topic and was quite intrigued by what I was reading, so I registered.
Im looking for some inear headphones with mic to control my Droid Charge!!

uslalas22

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been searching the same FOREVER, for my Droid X. Everytime I find a pair, the mic doesn't work, no one can hear me. Even with Skull Candy, same problem, everything is made for IOS. The only success I have had is from monoprice. They only make 2 brands, but their prices are great. Unfortunately only ear buds are available, no headphones. But I would love to find some new ear buds and headphones for longer trips like on airplanes etc. Someone pleeease help. (Maybe this is a specific issue for Droid X too?). Just search "In-ear Earphone w/ Inline Microphone" on Monoprice ( I can't paste links because I'm a new user.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've given up on using wired headsets with the DX. I have three sets of varying quality that I've accumulated over the years since I had an iPhone. They all sounded good on the iPhone, a Blackberry Storm 2 (and worked for calls as well as music), and they still sound good on an iPod Classic and an iPod Touch.

However, on the DX, there is a lot of background hiss when using all of them. There is also a lot of background hiss when plugging the headset jack into the AUX input on my car.

I took these same headsets to the VZW store and tested there on their demo DX and two other random Androids (one of which was the salescritter's own Samsung something). The two others sounded good, the DX had a lot of background hiss.

No such problems with BT. My advice, go BT.

timothy

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I've used the OEM Blackberry headset with my BIONIC without any trouble. Like that style for exactly the reasons stated by Dirty above.
Cord tremor, no ambient noise, etc... but I want something with better sound quality.

I've heard the Bose MIE2 - (note NOT the MIE2i - in which case the i stands for -POD/PHONE whatever apple) are not technically "noise cancelling" and let some ambient noise through, people were complaining about this in the Amazon reviews, but it sounds like a positive to me.

Anyone able to comment??

mznati

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, I just want to leave my suggestion and perhaps it may work well for you. I am currently using the Philips In-Ear Headset (link below) and they work very well with my Samsung Epic. The sound is great and the microphone picks up sound perfectly. They sit in the ear instead of the canal and are pretty comfortable as well as decently priced. I think with this brand you can get it in different colors as well. The microphone also has a call button to pick up the last caller or dialed number and it hangs up the call as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHE26...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1449958