Do You Use a Screen Protector?

skatanic000

Banned
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I do. But I hate it. I find myself in Sprint stores lustfully rubbing the display epic's screen. I also want to take out my keys and start hacking at the screen to test it but I hold back.

How many of you do and do not use screen protectors? What kind do you use and why? Why don't you use one?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I cannot stand the screen protectors unless they are installed absolutely perfect. If there is a single air bubble (even as small as a pin head) it will drive me completely nuts until I peel the offending cover off. It has to be flawless or it's gone.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i dont use one, not a single mark on it and had it over a month now, my wife doesnt either and she has dropped hers several times, on concrete with one TINY scratch over the home button. Barely noticeable at all and thats prob from diamond ear rings. and im the exact same way as above....has to be PERFECT or nothing.

Last edited:

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I never use a screen protector. I love the clear display. Bubbles on the screen drive me crazy as well. I just try to be extra careful with it.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Never used one. Don't plan to use one in the future.

I just make sure there's no key in the same pocket.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I do use one and I love it. I have bodyguards full body kit. Installed myself. And I can barely notice it. When I can notice I can install a new one. As they have free replacements. Probably going to install the second thus week since I can notice it

But there's no orange peel and doesn't effect the responsiveness

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I usually have a screen protector on my devices, touch screen or not. And they have saved my butt more than once. However, they have to be perfect, or I go all OCD on it. That being said, I had a Zagg InvisibleShield installed on my first epic, and it was perfect (Thank you Best Buy girl). I found it to be too rubbery and it effected performance of the screen. When I exchanged my Epic at Rat Shack, I was talking about the Gorilla Glass with the girl making the swap (she was still in the epic/evo deciding stage) and we decided to test the glass on the returned unit. Keys didn't scratch it and she pushed hard. Coin's didn't either. She even dropped it on the floor and the screen held up. So, No protector, now, and I couldn't be happier.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I usually have a screen protector on my devices, touch screen or not. And they have saved my butt more than once. However, they have to be perfect, or I go all OCD on it. That being said, I had a Zagg InvisibleShield installed on my first epic, and it was perfect (Thank you Best Buy girl). I found it to be too rubbery and it effected performance of the screen. When I exchanged my Epic at Rat Shack, I was talking about the Gorilla Glass with the girl making the swap (she was still in the epic/evo deciding stage) and we decided to test the glass on the returned unit. Keys didn't scratch it and she pushed hard. Coin's didn't either. She even dropped it on the floor and the screen held up. So, No protector, now, and I couldn't be happier.

Wow, you took keys to it and intentionally tried to scratch it and that did nothing? I think I might go screen protector free when I get a case after reading that.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
When I exchanged my Epic at Rat Shack, I was talking about the Gorilla Glass with the girl making the swap (she was still in the epic/evo deciding stage) and we decided to test the glass on the returned unit. Keys didn't scratch it and she pushed hard. Coin's didn't either. She even dropped it on the floor and the screen held up. So, No protector, now, and I couldn't be happier.

I suggest you take a look at this thread.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/epi...en-protector-gorilla-glass-answer-inside.html

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I never said The Gorilla glass was bullet proof. It can, and will scratch. However, that was the experience I had. I keep a clean micro fiber cloth with me at all times, and clean the screen often. I hate smudges. I also keep the phone in my top pocket with nothing else. I tend to be very careful with equipment I've spent my hard earned money on. Of course a screen protector on top of Gorilla glass will be extra added security. It just gives you more of a choice.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I just took my screen protector off - because mine was noticeable cuz I spent too much time trying to make it perfect.

Here's my take on the great debate:
I really don't notice a difference in responsiveness but my finger glides a tad bit easier when using swype. Not a big deal for me. The problem with not having the screen protector (sp) is it catches fingerprints and smudges easily.
I got the full body to protect my phone from scratches. I'm not too worried about the screen
In the end I am going to put on a new sp to prevent fingerprints and smudges

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The EVO has such good glass that I do not have a screen protector and have not had one since June. Looking good so far. Just always put your keys in the other pocket.

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I get frustrated with the fact that I cannot get them exactly on the screen, I had one on there almost perfect...until I continuously picked at it until I just ripped the damn thing off.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
thats what happened to me. but in my experience its a lot better to just let it sit there the first time when you put it on and you think its about perfect. because me peeling and placing it back on resulted in a little weiner dog hair getting in it and some dust

aclays

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I got minor scratches on my naked screen within days, it was in my pocket with nothing else but chapstick the whole time. I decided to get a screen protector. If you decide to get one, pick up the realook, I don't even realize I've got a screen protector most of the time. It feels the same, looks the same, only difference is it picks up finger prints easier.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
had the zagg shield and love how clear it looks, just dont like how sticky it can feel at times, i really dont like the wet spray i have to put on the phone as well to apply it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87