Windows 7?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Windows 7????

Yes it will. I recommend using pdanet from the market on your device and installing it on your computer first and allow it to install the Samsung drivers. Once it does just leave it there as your connection between your device and the Windows 7 based machine. I've got it running perfectly for my nexus and my Windows 7 laptop.

ggbballer96

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes it will. I recommend using pdanet from the market on your device and installing it on your computer first and allow it to install the Samsung drivers. Once it does just leave it there as your connection between your device and the Windows 7 based machine. I've got it running perfectly for my nexus and my Windows 7 laptop.

sorryy for being so late but i had a question about this:
lets say my phone is semi-bricked (can only get it into download mode or the screen where there is a phone and a computer) and odin isn't recognizing my device after all the workarounds and i feel that i have to reinstall the samsung drivers
would pda net still work (I'm curious because u said the application has to be on my phone too)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yes you need to be able to get PDANet on the device too....

If you can get it to boot into download mode, (The Android Guy shoveling...) then Odin should recognize the device...

If it doesn't then you could very well have a true brick....

Have you tried doing all this with your battery left out of the device? Leave it out, connect via cable and attempt to go into download mode and use Odin.

ggbballer96

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes you need to be able to get PDANet on the device too....

If you can get it to boot into download mode, (The Android Guy shoveling...) then Odin should recognize the device...

If it doesn't then you could very well have a true brick....

Have you tried doing all this with your battery left out of the device? Leave it out, connect via cable and attempt to go into download mode and use Odin.

oh no sorry if i made it seem like my phone is now bricked. i was just asking before anything happens.
thank you for the information :)!