EC05 DeOdexed?

citiz

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a EC05 Stock that's DeOdexed. I'm looking to put the Wireless Hack (the one that looks like the Sprint Wireless) on my phone. I know how to use the Wireless Tether app. I saw that it was available on XDA for EC05 but whenever I do it, it doesn't work right. I'm on EH17 and I'm getting random shutdowns whenever I use hack...I just want something stable.

JMusic

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a EC05 Stock that's DeOdexed. I'm looking to put the Wireless Hack (the one that looks like the Sprint Wireless) on my phone. I know how to use the Wireless Tether app. I saw that it was available on XDA for EC05 but whenever I do it, it doesn't work right. I'm on EH17 and I'm getting random shutdowns whenever I use hack...I just want something stable.

[ROM][ODIN][RFS/EXT4][Journal On/Off][NOCIQ] EC05Plus - xda-developers

It's the most stable, best performing rom for the Epic. Notice, I didn't specify "best of the EC05 roms". It's just the best.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Quick question - I have pfmedic's rfs rom on my daughter's phone - it is misbehaving - I believe it is rfs (I will re-read).
Trying to get her back to stock, she is at college and I can't easily fix - so would this be a good way to go rather than Odin back to stock and convert to ext4?
I'm trying to get her completely stock so if ever (and I was a day 1 owner who went to Nexus) there is an OTA, it rolls on to hers. That is all I want (along with battery life!!!)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Quick question - I have pfmedic's rfs rom on my daughter's phone - it is misbehaving - I believe it is rfs (I will re-read).
Trying to get her back to stock, she is at college and I can't easily fix - so would this be a good way to go rather than Odin back to stock and convert to ext4?
I'm trying to get her completely stock so if ever (and I was a day 1 owner who went to Nexus) there is an OTA, it rolls on to hers. That is all I want (along with battery life!!!)

I would recommend for the safest and most proven problem free route to use Procedure #2 in the thread below with Odin. Once it's completed and boots up her phone will receive the OTA update to Froyo EC05 within 10-15 minutes of first boot and she can accept the update and it will take care of things for her from there. It will reboot, updated with official stock Froyo EC05 and be ready to receive any future OTA.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

The reason I recommend going back to Froyo EB13 is there has been some reported problems using EC05 tars to wipe the device (I have had problems too) but the Froyo EB13 tar which we have listed is straight from Samsung/Sprint and has never failed me once.

Reactions: nmoreman

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Paul,
Thank you, I wanted to do this as painlessly as possible. I have her on Midnight's Rom and it just chomps the battery, so the easiest thing to do is give her my old spare battery, put her on stock, and
hope someday the Gingerbread comes through and makes the phone run like it should. I have
Syndicate on another one, flawless, but rather than switch and switch again, easier to do it once
let her wait!!

And heavens forbid if she has a problem and has to go to Sprint store, so thanks for telling me. I used to read these forums daily but haven't since I switched to Nexus, so with all the leaks, just wanted to get her to stock and be done!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No problem... I would go the route I suggested. I have never had issues with Froyo EB13 Odin tar. One shot its done, boot up and receive the OTA update to EC05 and enjoy until Gingerbread time.