[THEME/MOD][ EI22] Stock Theme w/Battery Mod & CRT

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Exactly as the title says....

FYI....CRT is an AOSP feature in Gingerbread that has been enabled for you not running AOSP so when you allow you device's screen to power off or you manually put your device to sleep (power button) you get old tv style turning off animation exclusive to Gingerbread.

Version #1
shot_000002.png

Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod (No CRT) (Flash in CWM)
Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod & CRT (Flash in CWM)

** Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod & CRT/Extended Power Menu Friendly (Flash in CWM)

Version #2
GingerbreadBatver2.jpg

Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod ver #2 (No CRT) (Flash in CWM)

** Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod ver #2 & CRT/Extended Power Menu Friendly (Flash in CWM)

:: Important Information ::

*** These are complete stock w/battery mod. This will break any themed setup you currently have ***

Stock Theme
Deodexed
NoCIQ compliant (friendly)

Thank you to k0nane for the NoCIQ, xBTx for the deodexed ROM.

Thank you to Ed H for testing it for me and providing the screen shots.

:: What did we do to enable CRT? ::

First I'm not going to explain the use of APK Manager or APK Tool because if you don't understand how to use them then you need to Google more about them.

Next grab your stock deodexed Gingerbread ROM or " framework-res.apk " to be more exact.

De compile the framework-res.apk using Apk Manager 4.7/4.9/5.02 or APK Tool.

Navigate to res/values/bools.xml and open using Notepad ++ and go to line 16.

Code:
     <bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>
You need to change the " true " to " false ".

Save the file, and then re compile the framework-res.apk and push or flash it back to your device.

Make sure you go to Settings>Display>Animations>SHOW ALL ANIMATIONS

Thats it in a nutshell....

Last edited:
Reactions: mindlord70

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [THEME/MOD][ EI22] Stock Theme w/Battery Mod

:: Update ::

Added a second optional battery mod. Its a horizontal battery mod and should be much easier to see/read than the original I post.

Last edited:

Mrbluepre

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Paul (and everyone paul gave credit too!), I really appreciate having this mod! I did the original stick EI22 OTA update, will your mod work on that?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Paul (and everyone paul gave credit too!), I really appreciate having this mod! I did the original stick EI22 OTA update, will your mod work on that?
You need to be running a deodexed version of the OS. Stock GB/rooted won't work :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What is the crt?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Its standard on AOSP Gingerbread but can be turned on with custom ROMs of Gingerbread.

When you put your device to sleep, by pressing the power button or allowing the device screen to time out (shut off) you get a "old tv shut off animation".

No big deal, just a little perk that many people like about Gingerbread.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Update

I added a new version to each style of battery mod. This now supports ROMs that have the Extended Power Menu built it.

unseen wombat

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Paul, is there something I need to do to make this display? I still have the useless green battery icon up there. I'm running the "Mostly Stock EI22 | Update 4 11/12 | (Added Extended Power Menu)" And I changed the kernel to the "IAP's EI22 House Of Samurai OC/UV Kernel" (only to get rid of that goofy candy corn boot screen)

Assuming I can get it to work, I'd love it if you'd make a circle 1% icon. Those are my favorite. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Paul, is there something I need to do to make this display? I still have the useless green battery icon up there. I'm running the "Mostly Stock EI22 | Update 4 11/12 | (Added Extended Power Menu)" And I changed the kernel to the "IAP's EI22 House Of Samurai OC/UV Kernel" (only to get rid of that goofy candy corn boot screen)

Assuming I can get it to work, I'd love it if you'd make a circle 1% icon. Those are my favorite. :)
If you flash one the two different versions (vertical or horizotal mods) that support the Extended Power Menu then it should work fine... People have already tested and verified it works... Just make sure your Settings/Display/Animations/SHOW ALL ANIMATIONS is selected for the CRT mod...

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I jumped on the Gingerbread bandwagon finally. Like the Gingerbread ROMS so far, but does anyone know where I can get a AOSP Lockscreen flashable? I hate the touchwiz lockscreen alot. I even tried to d/l and flash the latest ACS ICS which says it has an AOSP lockscreen, but its still touchwiz type. The only rom thus far that has an AOSP lockscreen is Legendary ROM, but id like to get the tweaks inherent in ACS ICS or sleeperRom (boot to recovery, ram tweaks, etc).

Paul, do you know if I flash your theme if that modifies the lock screen as well? I never really paid attention as on Froyo I had a flashable AOSP lockscreen complete with reboot and all that, so... I tried it once but it bricked my phone (had to Odin).

**EDIT** Im an idiot, I thought I was in a different thread- edited out me explaining which theme I was referring to as Im already in that thread ;)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly as the title says....

FYI....CRT is an AOSP feature in Gingerbread that has been enabled for you not running AOSP so when you allow you device's screen to power off or you manually put your device to sleep (power button) you get old tv style turning off animation exclusive to Gingerbread.

Version #1
Click to view quoted image

Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod (No CRT) (Flash in CWM)

** Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod & CRT/Extended Power Menu Friendly (Flash in CWM)

Version #2
Click to view quoted image

Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod ver #2 (No CRT) (Flash in CWM)

** Download Link : EI22 Gingerbread Stock Theme w/Battery Mod ver #2 & CRT/Extended Power Menu Friendly (Flash in CWM)

:: Important Information ::

*** These are complete stock w/battery mod. This will break any themed setup you currently have ***

Stock Theme
Deodexed
NoCIQ compliant (friendly)

Thank you to k0nane for the NoCIQ, xBTx for the deodexed ROM.

Thank you to Ed H for testing it for me and providing the screen shots.

:: What did we do to enable CRT? ::

First I'm not going to explain the use of APK Manager or APK Tool because if you don't understand how to use them then you need to Google more about them.

Next grab your stock deodexed Gingerbread ROM or " framework-res.apk " to be more exact.

De compile the framework-res.apk using Apk Manager 4.7/4.9/5.02 or APK Tool.

Navigate to res/values/bools.xml and open using Notepad ++ and go to line 16.

Code:
     <bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>
You need to change the " true " to " false ".

Save the file, and then re compile the framework-res.apk and push or flash it back to your device.

Make sure you go to Settings>Display>Animations>SHOW ALL ANIMATIONS

Thats it in a nutshell....

Paul, As you know I am currently running ACS ICS v5. If I want to flash this is there anything I need to do as ICS v5 changed my file system to ext4?

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Cool I wanted to try it out before putting it on my daughters phone. she has a battery draining issue...

Works fine. Im running ACS ICS v5 with the #2 theme on this page. I should note that it didnt change anything but the battery meter for me, though thats all I wanted to change :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Works fine. Im running ACS ICS v5 with the #2 theme on this page. I should note that it didnt change anything but the battery meter for me, though thats all I wanted to change :)
That is all it is supposed to change... Just a battery mod over the stock useless meter..
My bad... After reading the whole thread,.the battery mod its just a theme. Lol..

Yep just a theme or mini theme/mod....