SystemUI crashes after framework-res mod

antoniu200

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
So I have a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact on Android 8.0 47.1.A.12.235 and I wanted to mod my animations using Ethan's framework-res mod. Downloaded his .zip file and tried to install it in TWRP 3.2.3. TWRP said the zip was flashed, however the result was 256, the original framework-res.apk wasn't backed up (as the installer is supposed to do) and the framework-res.apk wasn't modified either. So, I took the framework-res and modified it with the files inside the zip installer (using 7-Zip), replaced it through TWRP and rebooted. That worked, the animations are now changed, but my SystemUI now crashes at boot (the only animations I see are from 'SystemUI stopped working' and from the Power Off menu, which are changed).

Also, I have just tried decompiling it and recompiling, signing and zipaligning, but it can't get past recompiling. Error from APK Easy Tool and Advanced APK Tool: "W: Could not find sources brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec: [C:\Users\Antoniu\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_4266774988213867579.tmp".

Any help is appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali