Stuck at "Samsung" logo after ACS recovery flash

sassycrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I really screwed something up. This past weekend, I flashed a pre-rooted EI22 rom onto my epic. Everything went pretty smooth, all was well.

Well, today I decided that my CWM 2.x was pretty old, so I wanted to flash to ACS recovery. I've read that it was more stable, then I wanted to flash the ACS rom as well, ect. After flashing the ACS recovery, my epic is left in the "SAMSUNG" logo. Cant boot into recovery, can't do anything.

And the kicker? I only have access to macs, no PC's.. so no ODIN for me. What can I do?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I really screwed something up. This past weekend, I flashed a pre-rooted EI22 rom onto my epic. Everything went pretty smooth, all was well.

Well, today I decided that my CWM 2.x was pretty old, so I wanted to flash to ACS recovery. I've read that it was more stable, then I wanted to flash the ACS rom as well, ect. After flashing the ACS recovery, my epic is left in the "SAMSUNG" logo. Cant boot into recovery, can't do anything.

And the kicker? I only have access to macs, no PC's.. so no ODIN for me. What can I do?

First you will need to straighten things out.... Get a stable system going again and that means getting back on stock at least and moving from there...

[ROM][STOCK]ReRFS Format Stock ROM EC05 v1.01 w/ CWM3.1.0.1

Follow the instructions in the above thread for getting back on stock to turn in your device for service/repair...

Then from there your at least running stock EC05 and we can work on rooting from there which I think they have for EC05 available on the MAC and then you can flash up to official GB if you choose...

The above thread can all be done via CWM recovery which you should still be able to boot into if you pull your battery and then boot into CWM. Just follow the instructions in the thread..

sassycrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Paul,

Still, after (numerous) battery pulls, I can't boot into CWM or start up the phone at all.

That is, it's still stuck on samsung logo

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Paul,

Still, after (numerous) battery pulls, I can't boot into CWM or start up the phone at all.

That is, it's still stuck on samsung logo

Same happened to me. Try removing battery, plugging in usb cable. I then got a battery logo. Remove cable, replace the battery and do the vol down-camera-power buttons. This got me back to acs recovery. Good luck

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Leave the battery sit out for a little bit and sometimes just leaving the device sit with no battery will do miracles...

sassycrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys,

A couple of things... this whole problem started when i tried to flash a brand new ACS recovery....not the rom.Does that make a differencez/

Also, I've made it to a friends PC, and am trying ODIN. I have the victory pit and the EC05 tar, but whenever I try to flash it just gives me a "FAIL" notice. My phone turns off (or is at least unresponsive) and when I try to boot it up again, I don't even get the samsung logo. I get a new icon showing a phone connected to a computer with an exclamation point.

What the heck is going on?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys,

A couple of things... this whole problem started when i tried to flash a brand new ACS recovery....not the rom.Does that make a differencez/

Also, I've made it to a friends PC, and am trying ODIN. I have the victory pit and the EC05 tar, but whenever I try to flash it just gives me a "FAIL" notice. My phone turns off (or is at least unresponsive) and when I try to boot it up again, I don't even get the samsung logo. I get a new icon showing a phone connected to a computer with an exclamation point.

What the heck is going on?

First I would use Procedure #2 for Froyo EB13 to see if that works... Seems to get people out of a jam better...
[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Second yes playing with flashing a new recovery can get things screwy if something goes wrong.

charmon1605

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I just tried flashing the latest version of ACS clockwork recovery. Everything looked like it went ok in odin, but now stuck at the samsung logo as well.

I am able to boot into download mode, and recovery mode. But it's the stock recovery and not the CWM recovery.

I was running stock E122, NOT rooted or anything else before flashing CWM.

Should I follow the instructions in the link in the 2nd post? Or should I do something else?

Here is a screenshot of the odin screen, if it matters.
epic4g.png

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just tried flashing the latest version of ACS clockwork recovery. Everything looked like it went ok in odin, but now stuck at the samsung logo as well.

I am able to boot into download mode, and recovery mode. But it's the stock recovery and not the CWM recovery.

I was running stock E122, NOT rooted or anything else before flashing CWM.

Should I follow the instructions in the link in the 2nd post? Or should I do something else?

Here is a screenshot of the odin screen, if it matters.
Click to view quoted image

Follow the instruction in the OP at this thread.... You need the custom kernel to make CWM stick and for things to work properly...

Note: It won't wipe anything, its only applying a custom kernel/CWM/SU via Odin....

Rooting EI22 Gingerbread Instructions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non