ROM and Kernel Matrix

ut00wj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am sure I can not be the only one overwhelmed with the deluge of available Kernels and ROMs available to us. Is there any way someone can make a spreadsheet or some other file type that someone can use to narrow down the choices available to us? I was using TER and decided to move to Syndicate. It came with a different Launcher and Lock Screen. Yes, I know, I should have done that research first. But as I stated above, there are so many to choose from. Do I choose EB or EC and what is the difference? Do I have to use EXT4 or can I still use RFS. If I want to upgrade from TER, what ROM and Kernel most closely look and feel like what I have?

I appreciate all the work all of the developers have done, but finding the needle in the haystack just makes me want to go back to stock and add the launcher I want.

Thank you

k0nane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You can install whatever launcher you want from the market - and as far as lock screens go, there's only TouchWiz (the circle, like stock) or AOSP. If you prefer AOSP, there's an addon for SRF.

ut00wj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
TER uses AM Launcher which I have been unable to find on the Market. I have contacted the Developer, from his YouTube channel, in hopes of getting the necessary files.

What I meant in my earlier post is a matrix that the Developers, like yourself could use to make everything easier for everyone else to understand. If I like ACS amd wonder what other Developers are using your ROM but a different Kernel. What Launcher and Lock Screen come stock with a particular build and so on. The current Thread has 4 pages of info. Some say Reserved, Kernels are mixed in with ROMs and Themes.

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but i did notice that AM Launcher didn't play too nicely with the newest version of syndicate or Baked Snack. Just a qualitative observation on my part. (I've been using an older version of AMLauncher that I had found in a thread a couple months ago). If you like that one, you may want to try ADW. It has a very similar layout.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
actually there are not many EC05 roms and kernels. the sticky (ROMS, kernel, themes) has them all catalogued and organized.

there are about 4 ROMS and 3 kernels, a few themes, and you should just root to ext 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana