Carging car dock?

WillyWonkaFan

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I am looking to purchase a car charging dock, similar to the one I had for my piece of crap EVO (it was made bu Seidio.) Does such a monster exist?

Thanks!

-TP

kozmo2k

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to nearest AT&T store or their site and get the dock for Samsung Infuse. Works like a champ and is only $17.99!

Sent from my gTablet using TapatalkPro

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using one from Proclip.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Go to nearest AT&T store or their site and get the dock for Samsung Infuse. Works like a champ and is only $17.99!

Sent from my gTablet using TapatalkPro

I have BOTH of these integrated into one setup. I have used Proclip for the last 4 years, and so I had the mount. I then drilled a hole in an extra plate and mounted the part of the dock that has the thumbscrew. If I remember, I will try to take a pic and post.

As promised, here are some pics of my setup.
IMG_5766.JPG

IMG_5767.JPG

IMG_5768.JPG

IMG_5770.JPG

And you can see the insignificant gaps in the corners. It doesnt make a different to me.
IMG_5772.JPG

Last edited:

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Just realized that when I updated this post, it didnt make it new. Just posting to let you all know that I have added pics of my setup.

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's a few pics of how I mounted mine. I'm curious to see how well the suction cup holds up in the cold.. It's been in for almost 2 weeks without issue, but from experience with the Garmin mount I know I'll eventually find it hanging by the wires. At some point I'll fab up some kind of permanent mount for it, but this works for now.

I mounted mine up high, partly because I prefer a 'heads up' position for the GPS, and partly because I didn't have anywhere else to put it.. :D I tend to lean on the center console when I drive, so it's not in my driving line of sight either.

imgp4664.jpg

imgp4666i.jpg

imgp4667v.jpg

gblinckmann

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have BOTH of these integrated into one setup. I have used Proclip for the last 4 years, and so I had the mount. I then drilled a hole in an extra plate and mounted the part of the dock that has the thumbscrew. If I remember, I will try to take a pic and post.

As promised, here are some pics of my setup.
Click to view quoted image

And you can see the insignificant gaps in the corners. It doesnt make a different to me.

I'm curious. What car mode software are you running. I'm using Car Dock Home v3, but yours looks a lot more interesting.

freebisquits

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Those set ups look very nice. I suppose you just use bluetooth for the audio. I've had my epic touch for only a week and have a vent dock, aux line to the Alpine, and just use a basic car charger. Discovered that when I have the aux line plugged in and make/receive a call the phone doesn't pick up my voice (person on other end can't hear me). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a setting I am missing? Also found that the "Voice Talk" feature can't recognize any prompts while in the car, which is really all its good for. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks.

Reactions: mrmoto

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Those set ups look very nice. I suppose you just use bluetooth for the audio. I've had my epic touch for only a week and have a vent dock, aux line to the Alpine, and just use a basic car charger. Discovered that when I have the aux line plugged in and make/receive a call the phone doesn't pick up my voice (person on other end can't hear me). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a setting I am missing? Also found that the "Voice Talk" feature can't recognize any prompts while in the car, which is really all its good for. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks.

The dock allows the all non-call audio to be routed through the microUSB port, which is outputted to a 3.5mm aux jack. I just pick the phone up out of the dock when I need to talk until a better solution for non-rooted phones can be found.

Also, I have experienced some difficulties using voice talk when the sunroof is open or on a highway where noises can infiltrate. That sucks because that's usually when I'm trying to navigate to somewhere (whenever the GPS works) or call someone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana