Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with rooting process.

I'm trying to root my phone, but in order to do the process I'm following, I need to download the Samsung software to my computer. My computer's realpy old, though, and the only way to download the software is by connecting to the internet. The only reason I'm doing this is so I can get internet in the first place. Would it be possible to find the Samsung files and download them to my phone, then transfer them onto the computer? If so, could someone give me a download for the files?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Help with rooting process.

So,you have a computer ,but,it is not connected to the Internet?dont understand this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smartjacoby View Post
    I'm trying to root my phone, but in order to do the process I'm following, I need to download the Samsung software to my computer. My computer's realpy old, though, and the only way to download the software is by connecting to the internet. The only reason I'm doing this is so I can get internet in the first place. Would it be possible to find the Samsung files and download them to my phone, then transfer them onto the computer? If so, could someone give me a download for the files?

Ya you gotta have a good computer to use the software and root. It may work though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, I have a computer, but no internet. I worded it a little wierd, though. It's a good running computer. It just doesn't understand how to download the Samsung software, and needs the internet, which it doesn't have.

You need those drivers on your computer and you need internet to get them. Your gonna gave to forget rooting or get your PC online somehow. Borrow a friends.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I got the drivers, I should be able to get the rest. Thabks fir showing interest, at the least, though. :P