[ROMS][JB][CM10] PhantomPhreak53's Unofficial CM10 Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
can i run the logcat after a but? or do i need to run it during my bugs? i'm getting airplane mode while i'm driving. . . so do i start the logcat b4 i get into my car?

also i got a SOD once today
If you know how to recreate the issue, you can start a logcat and then force the issue. If you dont know how just run the logcat but just let us know what issue it is so he knows what to look for. If you're getting airplane mode, run the dmesg log.

Phantomphreak53 CM10alpha4 - Pastebin.com

i don't know what i'm doing. . . :-D
We all start somewhere right? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Soooo, I have experienced my phone going into airplane mode 6 times today. It never lost service, just my phone going into airplane mode by itself.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Soooo, I have experienced my phone going into airplane mode 6 times today. It never lost service, just my phone going into airplane mode by itself.
Try and get a dmesg log when that happens if you can. I wrote how to do so maybe a couple posts back in this thread.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The airplane mode bug is so much better than Los at least. Your battery doesn't get murdered. Actually, that's a bug that might enhance battery life even ;)

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - Cobalt theme

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

WhoAmI

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
that's called the sleep of death (SoD)
it was a known bug.
I never experience it.
are you on latest build?
are you under clocking?
maybe applied some scripts?
if you wanna help grab some log cats. I believe details are posted directly above your post.

I'm running alpha 4 just now with no scripts or underclocking.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
The airplane mode bug is so much better than Los at least. Your battery doesn't get murdered. Actually, that's a bug that might enhance battery life even ;)

Yea better than LOS but still a bug to iron out nonetheless.

I'm running alpha 4 just now with no scripts or underclocking.
Then its just the ROM probably. One of those bugs still being worked on.

Last edited:

Heten

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
First Post, so please pardon the silly Question. is GPS working? I'm not sure whether its the location where I tried getting a fix or the rom. :)

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes it works. If you can't get a lock you need to flash back to a TW rom, get a GPS lock, boot into recovery while GPS is locked, restore nandroid or reflash JB. Then your GPS will work.

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I get an error when trying to install:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-710" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-D-710" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "epic4gtouch" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "epic4gtouch"
E:Error in /sdcard/jellybean/cm-10-20120820-UNOFFICIAL-epic4gtouch.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I have a Sprint Galaxy S2 (model SPH-710).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I get an error when trying to install:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-710" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-D-710" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "epic4gtouch" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "epic4gtouch"
E:Error in /sdcard/jellybean/cm-10-20120820-UNOFFICIAL-epic4gtouch.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I have a Sprint Galaxy S2 (model SPH-710).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated
What was your install procedure?

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I found these instructions at http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/97056?tstart=0:
The only difference I have is that I am using the Rogue ET Recovery tool and the Dalvik cash wipe is not under advanced.

Copy the CM10 ROM and the GApps package to the internal SD card of your phone.
Switch your phone off and boot into Rogue ET Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until recovery boots.
Make a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM in case of problems with this ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
Select Wipe cache partition. Confirm the action on the next screen.
Select Wipe Dalvik cache. Confirm the action on the next screen.
Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and navigate to the ROM ZIP file and select it. Confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone.
Once installation of the ROM is completed, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 7.
After installation is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed CM10 ROM.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
We bought two of them off EBay (Thanks, Mr. Anonymous!) and I had to drive two hours both ways to get them at 1am. Fun times.

It was a good thing we did it that way, though, because we don't live in a 3G area and they wouldn't have been sold at local stores.
Odin this kernel, boot into recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik, flash cm10 ROM, gapps, then reboot.

http://kernelrepo.chris41g.org/?act...\Stock+CWM\TAR&filename=EL26_StockCWM.tar.md5

Reactions: Dark_Knight2
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow.you guys are pretty quick with solutions.nice work guys.I may be running dks knightly Rom ...but that only means I'll have that many more problems to fix....that sounded funnier in my head.Thanks for your support.....how about some donation links..in the op..skills...no...money I got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87