[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

firegoblin

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Why all the disrespect towards dk? So he called it a RC and a few things don't work right. Most things are working as of rc1. Still no reason to bash dk his Rom is apparently much better than the one everyone else is developing hence everyone being in this forum. Keep up the good work dk.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
yea....this IS America.....home of the "if i steal a red car and paint it blue its mine" mentality. I guess he is doing something right then.....hell....its the American Way!!! :D:D:D:D

ehh thats a terrible way actually lol.. I hope other countries dont see us like that. But nevertheless I think he does great work.

Sorry to hear people have so much trouble with it.. :( it is kinda sad because when you join these forums and you get involved you cant help but feel the huge levels of comradery between you and everyone else.. you almost feel as if everyone is together and on the same side.

Sucks that its not always like that

Reactions: patrao_n

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Most of the time I Odin back to stock using mobile odin... lol I imagine quite a few others do as well. There is a copy of the full EL26 on my SDcard at all times.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ive just always used a PC to restore to stock, I use mobile Odin for kernels only when needed

Isnt it easier to use Mobile Odin back to EL26 CWM then flash the new RC / Versions?

I only flash the el26 kernel with mobile Odin not full roms :)

As far as I know, there is no reason to go back to stock fully unless you are downgrading OS versions, or if you have some sort of issue you need to fix by going back to stock.. whenever I'm changing roms or updating or restoring, I just flash the el26 kernel, wipe data/factory reset, clear caches and sometimes format system.. never any issues..

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-8/07 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee7144

thaprinze

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to make DPI changes with this ROM? I tried changing to 140, but then the screen went black after the initial Galaxy S II screen.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Cleaned and back open for business...

Continuing to troll this thread concerning source or edits not being shared will end with posts removed at our discretion and possible further action if necessary.

Again, I think Dark Knight2 knows what he's up against and cluttering up the thread isn't going make things any better.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

Last edited:

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Why all the disrespect towards dk? So he called it a RC and a few things don't work right. Most things are working as of rc1. Still no reason to bash dk his Rom is apparently much better than the one everyone else is developing hence everyone being in this forum. Keep up the good work dk.

Not bashing. Just pointing out that CM9 is at Alpha 6 and has very minor bugs and this is at RC1.X and has LOS, no camera, no Bluetooth streaming, attenuated audio volume, no audio output through USB, wake locks, reboots, radically decreased battery life and rebuilds the dalvik cache upon bootup. Perhaps it should be rebranded more accurately.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lmfao. This is hilarious. Well we know what Android central stands for now

Need Help? Find us on our IRC
/server irc.flux.cd
/join #TeamRejectz
Or catch me on GTalk
scarmon27@gmail.com

I take issue with this particular comment (as well as some others that have already been deleted). What Android Central stands for is linked in my signature. The forum rules. We're not here to solve developer disputes. That should be done via PM or some other way that doesn't involve posting in the thread for all to see. All that gets accomplished by posting in the thread is that the thread gets filled with (honestly) useless posts that have nothing to do with what the thread is about.

So, if anybody feels the need to continue posting about his source, or releasing his work, or anything that doesn't deal directly with the work the OP is doing then please move along. We can skip the petty infractions for trolling/flaming and go straight to something a bit stronger. Too much time has been spent on this particular issue by the mod team to continue to deal with the one or two people that just want to cause problems.

Rickyq12

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
WOW, and I thought XDA was bad...
Keep up the great contribution and progress on this ROM DK.

PM him if you have a problem with him.

Reactions: Paul627g

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
...well anyway, while I wait on my Gnex and stuff, has anybody heard from Dk about further builds? I understand he took testers but I didn't think we'd be totally abandoned, and I doubt we have been. Maybe I'm just experiencing rom withdrawal or something? Oh I don't make sense, goodnight.
Oh, and I fixed the camera in "RC" 1.5. Sorta. I tried setting up face unlock, and then tried the camera app, to my surprise it worked.

firegoblin

May 16, 2011
Visit site
...well anyway, while I wait on my Gnex and stuff, has anybody heard from Dk about further builds? I understand he took testers but I didn't think we'd be totally abandoned, and I doubt we have been. Maybe I'm just experiencing rom withdrawal or something? Oh I don't make sense, goodnight.
Oh, and I fixed the camera in "RC" 1.5. Sorta. I tried setting up face unlock, and then tried the camera app, to my surprise it worked.

Did the camera work from the app and if yes how did you fix it?

leeisme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Not bashing. Just pointing out that CM9 is at Alpha 6 and has very minor bugs and this is at RC1.X and has LOS, no camera, no Bluetooth streaming, attenuated audio volume, no audio output through USB, wake locks, reboots, radically decreased battery life and rebuilds the dalvik cache upon bootup. Perhaps it should be rebranded more accurately.

To my understanding, like this from, cm9 alpha 6 is unofficial. I didn't read the link, but considering this is open source, and he's not building for team cyanogenmod, his releases are labeled as he sees fit. Looking at the big picture, how many problems originally existed, and how many of those problems are no longer present, I'd say in terms of progress that his build versions aren't out of this world. If someone can't read the OP to see what is working and what's not, that's on them.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Wait camera works????????

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
OK BACK to reporting bugs and fixes!

Can anyone else confirm camera working after face lock on lock screen?

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Wow.Thanks mods for the clean up. Alot of changes to the op and rom structuring are coming down the pipe very soon. I spoken with Team Cyanogenmod member via IRC last night. I have ALOT of work in my op to fix. Also I will be removing "RC" as well. I am hoping one day that This can be merged into the cm teams repo to become officially supported. Will it happen? Very Doubtful.

People fail to comprihend the fact that I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I AM STILL LEARNING. If you cant understand this fact then leave. End of story. :)

tamathdb

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to make DPI changes with this ROM? I tried changing to 140, but then the screen went black after the initial Galaxy S II screen.

Tried it in LCD Density Modder and tried changing the build.prop manually and got the same. Then i tried RomToolbox and changed it in the build.prop tweaks and it worked.

Reactions: thaprinze
Status
Not open for further replies.