We have FM Radio. Does anyone want to activate it?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering this model, but I thought there was no FM radio according the specs I've seen. Or is the underlying HW already there even though it doesn't come enabled?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't come enabled and no one enabled it yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

So then, is there some reason nobody in the community has tried it out yet? You'd think somebody would have, by now; this makes me wonder if there is some hidden cost to doing this in terms of the performance and reliability of the device. Or is it just that playing an actual radio is so last century that nobody wants to bother?

Obviously I prefer to stream when I can, but occasionally local signal strength isn't that great. I wouldn't mind having the old-school radio as a backup.

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Tune In Pro works finr for me. Especially when im driving and dont care to listen to commercial radioin my truck, my Kenwood DDX719 pairs instantlly with my phone and i can enjoy commercial free listening on my trips around town or on long trips on the hiway.

Pp.

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking into this right now, from what I can tell the FMradio.apk needs to be rewritten, but should function fine once the correct strings are established in the app:beer:

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey Stryke_the_Orc:

I realize this is in response to a 2 1/2 y/o post, but was wondering if you got the fm radio apk up and running properly? I have FM capability on my phone, but cannot activate it. And I don't have a "commercial carrier" so asking them to activate is out of the question. I'll leave you with my phone model no. GalaxyS 1--shw-m110s(Korean) with hopes that you may be able to help or provide information.?
Thanx:
RICK