unroot from jellybean?

Caribboy92

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey all im still pretty new with everything but i have rooted my phone with sbrissen aosp jb.

Well i wanted to know how would i unroot my phone back to stock?
I know its a newbie question but i cant remember how to.

If you could point me in the direction i should go it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dasesq

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You can flash ek02 one click and let ota bring you current
Oh and while you're on ek02 you can reset USB and completely clear out everything

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey all im still pretty new with everything but i have rooted my phone with sbrissen aosp jb.

Well i wanted to know how would i unroot my phone back to stock?
I know its a newbie question but i cant remember how to.

If you could point me in the direction i should go it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It really depends on what stock version you want to go back to.
If you're taking it back to Sprint, get the FI27 one click stock restore.
If just wanting to see where stock is then may I recommend the FK23 or FL16 JB leaks.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh and while you're on ek02 you can reset USB and completely clear out everything

EK02? That's pretty old. If he wants Gingerbread, then he might as well go with EL29.

- - - Updated - - -

EK02? That's pretty old. If he wants Gingerbread, then he might as well go with EL29.

mann1975

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Not to take over the thread, but i have a question regarding updating my phone. I am still on ICS el29 rooted with odin and no clockwork recovery. What do i need to do to update my phone? And i really would like to know what Jb rom is good to have? Thanks for any help.

Rooted EVO LTE baby

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Not to take over the thread, but i have a question regarding updating my phone. I am still on ICS el29 rooted with odin and no clockwork recovery. What do i need to do to update my phone? And i really would like to know what Jb rom is good to have? Thanks for any help.

Rooted EVO LTE baby

What build is your ICS on? Check in the about phone and see which one it is. El29 was Gingerbread, not ICS. So if you are on ICS, then chances are that the device may be updated with the latest official release.

If you are looking for JellyBean, then check XDA for the appropriate downloads to get you the unofficial update. Read through the installation process very careful so you don't brick your phone.

mann1975

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
What build is your ICS on? Check in the about phone and see which one it is. El29 was Gingerbread, not ICS. So if you are on ICS, then chances are that the device may be updated with the latest official release.

If you are looking for JellyBean, then check XDA for the appropriate downloads to get you the unofficial update. Read through the installation process very careful so you don't brick your phone.

Awww yes you are right, i am on gingerbread. With that being said is it wise to jump up to jb from gingerbread? Or should i do ics?

Rooted EVO LTE baby

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Get a JB FL16 one click and load it up. I suggest the one click because you will need the modern as well. No sense in adding extra steps. Read carefully, JB re partisans and wipes internal memory on some of the roms. I would suggest a complete restore because the no-data versions have a few fc's every now and then and in my case by battery life is not as good. If you have a few questions, post back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87