Seidio Accessories Review with Pictures Case/Belt-Clip/Screen Guard

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Alright I have received my review accessories from Seidio. This is NOT a review yet but I wanted to post some pictures. I will be away from my computer for the next few hours but will be checking the thread on my Evo so feel free to ask questions. Here are some pictures I have not had time to take any pictures of the screen guard yet.

As expected the Seidio accessories feel top quality. I'm completely in love with this case. I'm not really a belt clip guy but its definitely well build. I will be posting an actual review in this thread later tonight.

REVIEWS:

Innocase II Surface - Black

View attachment 1070 View attachment 1071 View attachment 1073

The look of the Seidio Innocase II Surface Case is its streamline design. When the case is on its actually kind of hard to notice that the case has ever been applied as you can barely tell it’s there. While I went to Seidio website I saw that according to them, the Innocase II Surface Case adds only 1mm of thickness and I would assume that why its so slick and smooth looking. I have to say the design of the case in my opinion is great. In my opinion the best style of a case in the market. This case protects everything on the HTC Evo except the screen, however a screen protector is avalable which I will talk about later. The one major thing I want to mention that allot of people are worried about on the Evo is the fact that the case has just enough thickness to it so when you lay the Evo on the back now its not laying on its camera so its preveting the lense to be scratched up.

This case is also very easy to put on. Everything is pretty much self-explanatory, you snap the 2 pieces around the Evo 4G and the case is on. Removing the case is just as easy (eventhough at first I didn't know how to take it off for about a couple minutes).Just push with your finger on the button portion in the middle of the case and pull the top portion off. Seidio did an amazing job in making these case easy to apply and remove.

What I really liked about the case was the rubberized material it was made from. It is extremely similar if not the same as the Palm Pre's touchstone back cover. This offeres a better grip so while holding the Evo it felt less prone to slipping out of my hands. The added grip offers a lot more security than the sleeker surface of the Evo 4G. Also, I found the case to be extremely durable and easily capable of withstanding daily use and I do accidently drop my phone in the same pockets as my keys so this really will prevent it from being scratched up. I only have one minor problem with this case. It's a little bit harder to reach the four buttons on the buttom because the case wraps around the entire phone, however it does also do a good thing while doing this, because it wraps around the phone it hides any light leackage the evo might have. I have actually been with the evo in complete darkeness and the leakage on my evo was completely hidden.

Overall the Case is probably the best case I have used on any phone. I think Seidio really took the time and effort to thoughtfully form a great case that is both highly usable and unobtrusive. When you have this case on your Evo 4G, you can hardly notice it and it doesn’t detract from the overall look at all. Also when you start using your Evo 4G you will grow to appreciate the added depth of field and texture on the case (I just love the material, its just great). I am a huge fan of this case and can give it my full recommendation for any Evo user looking for a case.

Innocase Holster

View attachment 1067 View attachment 1068

Well I don't know what to say about the Innocase Holster. I mean it does everything its supposed to to do. I have never really been a big fan of Belt Clip Holsters but this one works just perfect. It nice and sturdy and is really thoughtfully designed. The one thing that I do really like about it is the fact that the Evo faces you when you put it in the Holster instead of facing out, which helps from breaking the screen if you lean against something. Other then that I really don't know what to write about this thing. I mean if you like to clip you phone to you belt this is a perfect solution. It works pefectly and its really solidly built. I really don't see anything breaking on this Holster and it does feel pretty sturdy.

Last edited:

SassyLina

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty slim. I was concerned about accessories adding bulk to our Evo. Look forward to your thorough review. Props for getting early swag with your early Evo.

Ommegasis

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have used seidio products in the past and can attest to their build quality. they add minimum bulk while providing maximum protection. I'm not sure if I want to go with the holster this time or a pouch.

da.bell

May 14, 2010
Visit site
How about the cover and how much of the front face does it cover? Does it cover up any the silver grill where the ear would be placed?

ShadoX

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh, doesn't look like they cut a bit out for the speaker hopefully that doesnt affect the volume at all. Does it?

Last edited:

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
How about the cover and how much of the front face does it cover? Does it cover up any the silver grill where the ear would be placed?

I added a picture of the front, it covers about half of the silver grill

Last edited:

tifftam84

May 24, 2010
Visit site
ive seen a lot of reviews that say when you place the phone down it rests right on top of the camera lens. does the case protect the lens from touching any surfaces you may put it on. I am two steps away from ordering one but i really want it to get the lens out of harms way.

Brodequin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How thick is the phone now with the case? Thicker than the Pre?

For others wondering exact measurements, the EVO is 13mm, Pre is 17mm (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So how is the spring loaded clip? I had one break on me with the Pre (was the audio port version) seems to have been disconntinued as they sent me the non-audio port version as a replacement and I have to say its much better quality -

Probably will be going this route for the EVO unless RS has something similar for my accessory credit -

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for this thread, and your other one. Can you tell us if the ear piece is muffled at all since the case covers part of the grill? Also, can you please post more pictures of of the EVO in the case from different angles?

mikeli689

May 13, 2010
Visit site
When do you guys think Seidio will start selling their Evo accessories on Amazon.com. I don't want to order through Seidio's website and have to spend $30, plus shipping, when I could order it through Amazon for like $20. I'll be getting my Evo on launch day, so if they don't begin selling it soon, I might have to order from Seidio.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Does the camera stick out on the rear? When you lay it on the back does the lense still protrude?

Ordered mine the other night can't wait now.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
When do you guys think Seidio will start selling their Evo accessories on Amazon.com. I don't want to order through Seidio's website and have to spend $30, plus shipping, when I could order it through Amazon for like $20. I'll be getting my Evo on launch day, so if they don't begin selling it soon, I might have to order from Seidio.

They will be sold directly through Seidio on Amazon so I don't see others selling them for awhile. Took the BB Tour cases a month. No Prime shipping.....

Loondog

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to see how this case fits into any car mounts that will be available. The proclip for example. They usually size their clips for naked units.

tracerit

May 16, 2010
Visit site
seidio has their touch pro2 innocase and holster on amazon with free shipping for $37. so im hoping their evo 4g pricing will be the same :)

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So how is the spring loaded clip? I had one break on me with the Pre (was the audio port version) seems to have been disconntinued as they sent me the non-audio port version as a replacement and I have to say its much better quality -

Probably will be going this route for the EVO unless RS has something similar for my accessory credit -

Same here. Mine broke for the Pre on like the second day! It really turned me off about Seido build quality.

Richie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty