Removing Seidio Innocase for HTC EVO

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

As soon as i got home, I applied the Ghost Armor shield on my HTC Evo, then I put on my seidio innocase on it and it kind of conflicts with the edges of the shield. On one of the corners, the film came off. No biggie, so i thought i just remove the shield and insert the case in more carefully. However, I am having a hard time taking off the Seidio Innocase! Any tips? Thanks!!

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar setup on my Hero. Full InvisibleShield, and the Innocase over that. Taking the case off is a b****! There's really no easy way to do it. :(

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been fighting with this case for the past 30 minutes my hands are starting to hurt. This case is so difficult to remove and still no luck...

jds

May 26, 2010
Visit site
go outside and throw your phone on the ground i bet your case will come off
jk!

i just grab both ends and sorta push together then pull and it comes apart

jazmatician

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been fighting with this case for the past 30 minutes my hands are starting to hurt. This case is so difficult to remove and still no luck...

I'm not sure if it's the same one but I had the exact same problem with my wife's EVO (I married well). Is it the case that has a top and bottom half, and you have to pull it apart like you're ripping a phonebook?
Once I strongman'd them apart, I noticed there was a tab in the middle that may have been working against me. Try pulling it apart while simultaneously pressing in on one half or the other in the back, I got the impression that would have made it easier.

The best-buy mobile girl (impressed with my manly exertions) suggested waiting a day or so to let the adhesive on the shield set before adding the case.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It says what to do on the instructions. But grab the case push firmly on the bottom portion by the split and squeeze the top sides and it will very easily come off.

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I figured an easy way to take it off.... wrap something thick (in my case, a shower towel) on both ends and it makes gripping and wiggling the case off easier.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys serious? This case is simple to take off: push on the bottom half of the case, where it joins with the top half (in the middle). While pushing, slide the top half off.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So does the Seidio case protect the camera? Still on the hunt for an option. I'm almost cutting a piece of my BodyGuardz extra kit and placing it there.

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The camera is ALMOST flush with the case but yes it will definitely protect your camera when laying it on a flat surface.

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I never tried the other cases so I won't be able to give you an opinion on that. But I love the Seidio case!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I figured an easy way to take it off.... wrap something thick (in my case, a shower towel) on both ends and it makes gripping and wiggling the case off easier.

no need to go through all that trouble...push down on the BOTTOM piece where they connect and it'll make your life a lot easier

I also have to take mine off to add some more velvet so there is no squeekines

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
bhem said:
Hello everyone,

As soon as i got home, I applied the Ghost Armor shield on my HTC Evo, then I put on my seidio innocase on it and it kind of conflicts with the edges of the shield. On one of the corners, the film came off. No biggie, so i thought i just remove the shield and insert the case in more carefully. However, I am having a hard time taking off the Seidio Innocase! Any tips? Thanks!!

Hello,

Thanks for the comments! We recommend you apply pressure on the bottom half of the case near the seam and slide the two halves apart. That should help getting it off easier!

Regards,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38