Screen Protectors. (opening a can of worms on this?)

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
First off, I am mainly looking for something for the OUTER screen.

I have seen some replacement ones for the inner screen and... thanks, but no.

The one people are going all out for is the $90 WhiteStone Dome Silk and after watching some vids on it, WHY would you remove the factory one and install one that does not even cover edge to edge?

Regardless, /rant-off...

Now, I have been looking for a Tempered Glass Outer Screen protector, but all I am seeing are film ones that come in a kit with the inner screen. If I have to buy both, that's fine. However, does it REALLY need a screen protector? Regardless of the answer, I am still going to look for one for my own piece of mind.

Any good suggestions on Tempered Glass Outer Screen ones or are the film ones better and worth looking at again? I am just not sure about film ones as I hate that "rubbery" resistance they normally have.

Thanks!

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple of options for this from Whitestone. I went with their cheaper 10$ option. It is 2 pieces of glass, that you don't have to use the stupid UV curing glue to apply. Good quality from what I can tell.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
First off, I am mainly looking for something for the OUTER screen.

I have seen some replacement ones for the inner screen and... thanks, but no.

The one people are going all out for is the $90 WhiteStone Dome Silk and after watching some vids on it, WHY would you remove the factory one and install one that does not even cover edge to edge?

Regardless, /rant-off...

Now, I have been looking for a Tempered Glass Outer Screen protector, but all I am seeing are film ones that come in a kit with the inner screen. If I have to buy both, that's fine. However, does it REALLY need a screen protector? Regardless of the answer, I am still going to look for one for my own piece of mind.

Any good suggestions on Tempered Glass Outer Screen ones or are the film ones better and worth looking at again? I am just not sure about film ones as I hate that "rubbery" resistance they normally have.

Thanks!

I'm using WSD for outer screen. I love it. Going to stick with the factory for inner for now.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
How was the install? You put the whole phone in the tray still ?

Yeah as fold during installation. There are much more to do for this phone than the conventional that I've grown to know how things are getting installed. The black strips are PITA for all four corners. The four (2 each size white sponge), are for future installation.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah as fold during installation. There are much more to do for this phone than the conventional that I've grown to know how things are getting installed. The black strips are PITA for all four corners. The four (2 each size white sponge), are for future installation.
I see , im leaving mine alone for now .

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The Fold saved me money this year from buying a glass protector as I always did for my Notes. I can't see myself going through that install at that price and with them only giving one for the inside so you have one shot.

That said, I'm curious how case compatible the cover screen glass protector is.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The Fold saved me money this year from buying a glass protector as I always did for my Notes. I can't see myself going through that install at that price and with them only giving one for the inside so you have one shot.

That said, I'm curious how case compatible the cover screen glass protector is.

The WSD EZ cover. Don't waste your money. Not worth it because it easily come lose for the outer screen. I actually like the results for outer WSD temper glass.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I see , im leaving mine alone for now .

Definitely watch a few installation prior attempt to do one yourself. Josh did a great job installing one, in and out. Like I said, I'll hold off for the inner screen. So far, I really like how the inner screen feels from the factory.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Definitely watch a few installation prior attempt to do one yourself. Josh did a great job installing one, in and out. Like I said, I'll hold off for the inner screen. So far, I really like how the inner screen feels from the factory.
Yeah definitely will, the phones i install well but this phone different so will watch some YouTube on it .

jimjonesG7

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I've got the Fold 3 case with the s pen and that's not the right case for me. So it makes sense really to get a decent screen protector and open case

is the Fold 2 cover screen exactly the same as the fold 3? Is there a difference between the whitestonedome fold 2 and 3 front screen protector?

Will this affect any case I buy?

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Fold 3 case with the s pen and that's not the right case for me. So it makes sense really to get a decent screen protector and open case

is the Fold 2 cover screen exactly the same as the fold 3? Is there a difference between the whitestonedome fold 2 and 3 front screen protector?

Will this affect any case I buy?

Can't answer the F2 vs F3 WSD fitting. But F3 WSD screen fit perfectly for my Spigen Thin Air case.