Radio Shack's Micro HDMI Cables

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So, I just got a call from the local Radio Shack representative and he told me he just got 3 of the Micro-HDMI cables in stock. They're $30.00 each. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and if they're better/worse than what's currently out there. I'm between getting these or just waiting for monoprice to get them.

Thanks in advance...

kevins669

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
They are authentic HTC cables - they have an HTC sticker on them, just packaged in RS packaging. Tried it out last week.

Works perfectly on my EVO and Samsung TV.

-- Kevin

EvoBeevo

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So, I just got a call from the local Radio Shack representative and he told me he just got 3 of the Micro-HDMI cables in stock. They're $30.00 each. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and if they're better/worse than what's currently out there. I'm between getting these or just waiting for monoprice to get them.

Thanks in advance...

If you have an existing HDMI cable, you can buy an adapter at Radioshack for 8.99 that converts HDMI to Mini-HDMI and vice versa. Bought one of these a couple days ago, pretty happy with it.

HDMI Female A to HDMI Male C Swivel Adapter - RadioShack.com

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The sprint rep at my local store said that you could actually plug the phone into your tv using the USB. I'm going to try that instead of buying the Micro-HDMI.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I like it, I got the same one from the Sprint store. But 720p is an eye sore after being used to HD TV (1080i) and Blu Rays (1080p) all day. But it's the first and I know the cable will stay in handy for a long time to come.

EvoBeevo

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The sprint rep at my local store said that you could actually plug the phone into your tv using the USB. I'm going to try that instead of buying the Micro-HDMI.

My TV has a USB port on it but, so far I haven't had any luck displaying my EVO on it. Have you tried it out?

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Some TVs can display videos through USB and Flash Drives.

My Philips 48" LCD does that.

The Phone has to be put in USB Device Mode for file storage for it to work.

Most newTVs do have a usb port but its for flashing firmware and servicing the TV.. If it has a USB port on the side or front then its made to display video, pictures, mp3s .

I love my TV, Ill download movies in a few minutes, then put them on a flash drive and plug it into the TV and watch them direct. Saves me from buying blank DVDs and waiting to burn them

Thats what the poster was refering to, not using a usb cable or trying to covert hdmi through it.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a cable. Is there a video player that will alow my avi to show up on the screen. I use rockplayer but no dice.

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
A tale of two cables

I placed an order for a cable through Amazon that was on back order almost 2 months ago. Then late last week I found another cable that looked promising and was in stock, so I pulled the trigger on it. The next day the Amazon one shipped. So I ended up with two. Here's a mini review of each:

Amzer 5' through Amazon
While it worked, the slightest movement caused the signal to be lost temporarily. The cable itself is very stiff, and the packaging was odd, with the cable wound into a big loop and then twisted and folded in half to fit into a much smaller plastic package. This one cost me $11.61 after tax with free shipping and took 2 days to arrive (Prime membership).

Kanex 6' through iGoneMobile
This one seemed to have a much better connection. I moved my phone all around and the signal remained solid the whole time. The cable is more flexible yet still feels well built, and the packaging was excellent. It came in a resealable pouch, silver on one side and clear on the other, with plenty of room for the properly-looped cable to breathe. This cable cost me $12.49 with free UPS ground shipping and took about 5 days to arrive (including the weekend).

Of the two, I highly recommend the Kanex through iGoneMobile.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered the Kanex cable. Looking forward to it.

I figured I'd give that one a try before paying $29.99 for a cable from Radio Shack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi