Leather Easecases for the Evo

srfcrzy

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I saw these mentioned in another forum thread and just customized and ordered one for myself. They look nicer and have the added bonus over the OEM htc and other leather cases (available in the usual htc/droid online sites) of being fully customizable.

I hate holster cases and prefer to keep my phones naked when in use and protected otherwise. Though I have bought other cases (snap-on, skin, etc.) in past for other phones (Blackberries and a Palm Pre), this slim and sturdy leather, slip-style case is what I always come back to. For anyone interested in this kind of thing, these look perfect. Actually, they can also be customized to be holster cases or have belt loops if that's your thing.

Here's a link to the full variety of custom Evo cases available: easecase htc evo items - Get great deals on Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com! I will update with a review when I get it (in a few weeks?).

Last edited:

srfcrzy

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Just received my EaseCase and wanted to add my mini-review for others considering them.

The look and feel of this case is top notch: The stitching is neat and secure; the leather is soft and feels as though it will wear nicely; and it feels as though there is just a little soft padding between the inside and outside leather pieces. There is also an opening right where the headphone jack is so that you can have the EVO fully encased and listen to tunes or whatever. Nice.

My EVO fits perfectly, not too tight, not too lose. The only issue I have with putting the phone in and taking it out is that I just noticed that having the wallet opening on the left of the inside flap makes it geared towards lefties (because your phone needs to be inserted by your left hand). Not something that even occurred to me until just now and not something that will keep me from using it, but it's weird. If I had it to do over or if I choose to get another in funky colors or something, I'll ask them to flip things the other way around.

As you can see from the pictures below (actually, how do people usually load pics in these messages? I'll post some if someone can tell me the best/usual way), it comes in a nice, sturdy "Easecase" box with a nice little suede bag (though to baggy to use for the phone alone, it was a nice touch). I chose the wallet style case with a uniform smooth black leather both inside and out (boring, I know). All of this is customizable: the leather color inside and out, the leather feel, the style of the case, whether or not there is and what kind of a latch/bit that keeps the case from opening, monogramming, etc. I chose to get just my last name on the front of the case, just in case I leave it somewhere (though I doubt this will ever happen, love my EVO too much :).

I ordered it on August 7th, seller listed it as shipped from Hong Kong on the 15th and it arrived via USPS 30 minutes ago (so, about 27 days after I ordered it, 12 days after it shipped). Each case is made to order, this is what the seller indicated buyers should expect, and so I am fine with that timeline.

The thing cost $39.00 total (w/ "free" shipping), which is pricey, but it is definitely worth the $, IMHO.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress