Just recieved my Offical EVO dock, pictures & questions answered here !

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So, UPS just dropped off my Offical HTC EVO car dock.

first off, YES YOU CAN PLAY MP3'S FROM YOUR SD CARD WHILE IN THE DOCK!
had to clear that up !

let me tell you, this thing is SOLID ! Very nice piece of hardware. Very sturdy, its nicer than the dock I have now. It comes with an attachment to clip into which you can put on your dash, the round mount has 3M adhesive on the back so its not going anywhere. The phone slips into the Micro USB port, then you tilt it down into the dock and it secures.

Car mode, immediately pops up, but you can disable this in settings. You can also set it to pair with a bluetooth device once it enters the dock as well. Great for streaming music to your car that has a bluetooth device connected(I have one on mycar) It works like a charm though, it paired right up and streamed without a problem. Car mode only appears to be in vertical mode though, no landscape which is kind of disappointing. You cant use any cases with this, not even the HTC silicone one (which i have) so that was a let down but to be expected.

any questions you may have ill be happy to answer and possibly take more pics if you need them....

as always, thank me if my post helped you.

Reactions: blackface

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
How long did it take to get yours? I just ordered one, and they cannot give tracking numbers from the "warehouse," whatever that means.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sweet looking... I ordered mine on Monday from my local Sprint store. Said it should be in today.... They didn't ship it to my house he said he ordered several after I told him about it and they are coming to the store and he will call me when they are in...

Look forward to getting it...

As for the charging you can just use the HTC cable that came with the phone? (My car has a USB port on the dash to the radio)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I aswell have a usb setup. You can use pretty much any micro usb cable

Picked mine up from the Sprint store an hour ago. Not bad.. Over priced for what it is but I like the way it holds the phone and found the navigation to be pretty good vs the Garmin I have been using for 2+ years.

Vs the Garmin the screen on the EVO is a lot nicer and crisper..

I used the Navigation for 2 short 15 minute drives and the phone heats up a little when in Navigation mode.. Must be the GPS???

tom1l21

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up from the Sprint store an hour ago. Not bad.. Over priced for what it is but I like the way it holds the phone and found the navigation to be pretty good vs the Garmin I have been using for 2+ years.

Vs the Garmin the screen on the EVO is a lot nicer and crisper..

I used the Navigation for 2 short 15 minute drives and the phone heats up a little when in Navigation mode.. Must be the GPS???

Please tell me its not more than $30...

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
No it doesnt. I suggest installing a Bluetooth receiver in your car though. With a little know how this will make it easier on you, no more cables !

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I paid $53.00 after tax and the discount they gave me... I think they have it listed at $59.99... I think that is overpriced for what your getting but it's not so crazy out there it's not out of reach... You paid at least $200 for the phone and $70+ per month for service....

Here are a few pictures of the dock in my car....

DaveNagy

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Does this dock include a suction cup, to attach to the windshield or to a bean-bag base?

The picture on the box suggests that this is the case, but I thought I'd better ask.

EDIT: Ah! Thanks to Robbie317, I see that it does indeed have a suction cup. Thanks.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana