Just recieved my Offical EVO dock, pictures & questions answered here !

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does this dock include a suction cup, to attach to the windshield or to a bean-bag base?

The picture on the box suggests that this is the case, but I thought I'd better ask.

it comes with a suction cup and it also comes with a disk you can attach to your dash so the suction cups works.

When you plug the EVO up to the dock it pulls up the navigation panel and that DOES NOT come up in Landscape.... If you click on "Map" or you actually navigation it rotates to Landscape if that is your choice....

I am sure there can be a software upgrade to make the Car Mode come up in Landscape but by default it does not....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes but you have to either use the micro USB cable that came with your phone or buy a car charging kit.

HTC actually considers the car charging cable that would work with the EVO "An Option" which is 100% stupid (IMO) specially for $60 and considering if your using the GPS feature your going to destroy your battery on any long trip so charging would be mandatory (IMO)

The suction cup base has a micro usb plug and if your car has a USB port (Mine does) then you can just use that... If not you need some thing to either plug the USB into or you have to spend another $10 - 20 for the car charger...

But it holds the phone great.... Good and tight and the suction cup appears to be very - very strong..

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed it won't work with the thin little slipon case I use.
I like the idea, but I guess I'll go back to my generic dock and take this one back. I don't want to have to mess with taking it out of the case a dozen times a day.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed it won't work with the thin little slipon case I use.
I like the idea, but I guess I'll go back to my generic dock and take this one back. I don't want to have to mess with taking it out of the case a dozen times a day.

I hear you... I don't use a case and I really hated the 3 or 4 different "Universal/Generic" cases I tried out....

I like this mount but I do think it's overpriced a bit... specially since it does not come with a charging cable.. Not a major breaking point but a combination of price and no cable I could see people passing....

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Any of you official car dock owners tried the Custom Car Home app yet? It's an alternative car dock app that works great. It's very customizable -- you can add any app/shortcuts, you can have multiple pages if needed, you can auto-enable speakerphone or bluetooth when docked, and a few other settings.

Plus... it works both in portrait and landscape mode. :)

jtoyo007#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I just went in to the Sprint store and they where in shock when I told them to order it for me. They told me they heard of it but couldn't get it. Then I gave them the SKU number and there it was. Thanks for the help with Sprint as sometimes there people don't always know .

sjjones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
might sound like a strange question, but what angle will this go to against the base, 90 degrees or more

maybe would put it on the side of the centre consol of the car (passengers side)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
might sound like a strange question, but what angle will this go to against the base, 90 degrees or more

maybe would put it on the side of the centre consol of the car (passengers side)

It's adjustable..... Both at the base and at the piece that holds the phone... I have it on my dash like I had my Garmin....

Not sure if that helps you any????

John Kotches

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions for dressing down the usb cable?

My usb charger is in a 12v port at the bottom of the console and it looks tacky to just have the cable hanging loosely. Dock ordered yesterday and should be in by the end of the week.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions for dressing down the usb cable?

My usb charger is in a 12v port at the bottom of the console and it looks tacky to just have the cable hanging loosely. Dock ordered yesterday and should be in by the end of the week.

It's going to depend on the car..... I have a 2008 Ford Taurus and the USB port is on the console..... I can plug my EVO up and there are enough cracks where the dash panels come together that I can kind of hide my cable in those cracks pretty good to where you basically only see where it's plugged in and where it comes out to hook to the dock....

John Kotches

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is a 2008 altima and the cable will have to go past the radio and ac vents before out gets to the mount. I have a similar issue with the cable for the blue ant speakerphone micro usb.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine is a 2008 altima and the cable will have to go past the radio and ac vents before out gets to the mount. I have a similar issue with the cable for the blue ant speakerphone micro usb.

Sounds like fun.... The 2008 Taurus has a little storage box on the actual dash so from the windshield I can feed it into that box and then out and around the stereo down to where the USB port is....

Good luck.... Sorry I wasn't more helpful.... My wife actually has a 2008 Altima but I honestly couldn't even picture how it works and how to feed the cable down....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74