Otterbox Commuter Case

EaRSh0T

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
just received mine, seems pretty good so far, kinda dont like the rubber as it gets full of lint from my pocket, doesnt seem to stick in my pocket to bad when pulling it out. Time will tell if its a good buy.

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Got my case today for the Fascinate. I think it is a solid case, and I like the plastic covering on the outside. It's a lot easier getting the case in and out of my pocket. Overall great case.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else notice that the opening for the speaker on the back doesn't line up or am I the only one?

You're not the only one. I read the same thing on another forum. Supposedly, if you call Otterbox and let their customer support know about the purely cosmetic issue, they may give you the choice of receiving the revised model with the speaker completely uncovered.

Reactions: 4gvn4lyf#AC

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have my replacement, due to the speaker not lining up, on the way. It actually doesn't seem to affect the speaker output, but its more about the fact of the matter. Hopefully I get the revised one.

4gvn4lyf#AC

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have my replacement, due to the speaker not lining up, on the way. It actually doesn't seem to affect the speaker output, but its more about the fact of the matter. Hopefully I get the revised one.

So did they send it for free or did you have to actually buy another one? I agree that it doesn't seem to affect the speaker output but I think a premium case should be of premium quality. Ya know what I mean?

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So did they send it for free or did you have to actually buy another one? I agree that it doesn't seem to affect the speaker output but I think a premium case should be of premium quality. Ya know what I mean?

No charge, they are just sending another one for free. Just give their customer service a call.

Reactions: 4gvn4lyf#AC

vsp3c

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
my otterbox commuter case review:

what i like:
- feels sturdy and that it would offer up good protection when dropped w/o adding too much bulk. i actually felt that my naked phone was a bit too thin to hold/use comfortably.
- the soft inner silicone shell + hard plastic backing. it's quite snug and again, feels like it will protect the phone well.
- the buttons! w/ the case, i find it much easier to press the power button button now.

what i don't like:
- initially, i thought the lip on the sides were raised too high compared to the screen. i don't notice it anymore.
- although the headphone port cover does stay closed, it will creep up its way onto being slightly unclosed during the course of the day. i just press it in/close it all the way. not a big deal at all.
- speaker hole not lining up. it's not a deal breaker for me.
- i wish the silicone shell was more rigid. especially at the top and bottom of the screen. it's very flexible and even comes off of the screen a little bit (~1mm; see in picture below). this is my biggest gripe about the case.
- the silicone shell does collect dust/lint. it's just nature of the material and is pretty easy to wipe off.
- price. i think $15 would be a reasonable price for this case. not $25 on amazon / $35 retail.

would i recommend it?
- yes. i expect the price to drop after some time and it will be a better buy then. while you're waiting for the otterbox case price to drop, i recommend the $3 shipped 2 piece rubberized hard case you can get on amazon. :D

pictures:
pMUez.jpg

ds8B6.jpg

yZE0S.jpg

bKsMC.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TedLWJR