Last edited by KH29; 11-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.
- 11-19-2010, 11:34 AM #2
- 11-22-2010, 03:16 PM #3
- 11-30-2010, 02:19 PM #5
- 12-10-2010, 04:27 PM #6
- 12-10-2010, 04:54 PM #7
- 14 Posts
- 12-11-2010, 07:49 PM #9
- 12-14-2010, 05:43 AM #11
- 12-14-2010, 10:11 AM #12
- 12 Posts
my otterbox commuter case review:
what i like:
- feels sturdy and that it would offer up good protection when dropped w/o adding too much bulk. i actually felt that my naked phone was a bit too thin to hold/use comfortably.
- the soft inner silicone shell + hard plastic backing. it's quite snug and again, feels like it will protect the phone well.
- the buttons! w/ the case, i find it much easier to press the power button button now.
what i don't like:
- initially, i thought the lip on the sides were raised too high compared to the screen. i don't notice it anymore.
- although the headphone port cover does stay closed, it will creep up its way onto being slightly unclosed during the course of the day. i just press it in/close it all the way. not a big deal at all.
- speaker hole not lining up. it's not a deal breaker for me.
- i wish the silicone shell was more rigid. especially at the top and bottom of the screen. it's very flexible and even comes off of the screen a little bit (~1mm; see in picture below). this is my biggest gripe about the case.
- the silicone shell does collect dust/lint. it's just nature of the material and is pretty easy to wipe off.
- price. i think $15 would be a reasonable price for this case. not $25 on amazon / $35 retail.
would i recommend it?
- yes. i expect the price to drop after some time and it will be a better buy then. while you're waiting for the otterbox case price to drop, i recommend the $3 shipped 2 piece rubberized hard case you can get on amazon.
Last edited by vsp3c; 12-17-2010 at 10:33 AM.
- 12-16-2010, 06:52 PM #13
- 12-30-2010, 03:01 PM #14