Upgrade from Note 10+ ?

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Can't decide if now is the time to upgrade from my Note 10+ to an Ultra 23 or not. As in upgrade now with the good pre-order offers available. Or wait another year and hope the 2024 phones are a great deal better, maybe the Ultra 24 gets a really cool face lift or fresh design. I'm a suckered for cool new designs if one may be coming in 2024.

Would you all say go for an upgrade now or hold off another year ?

My Note 10+ does everything I need really and I'm one of those types who loves the expandable memory. I like taking my huge music and photo collections everywhere I go. I don't do much gaming aside from Marvel Puzzle Quest and Diablo. I do like to take quite a lot of photos especially when I'm out in nature often. 5G would be nice but not sure how bad I need it in my case. An upgrade would be nice but I'm not desperate.

Right now Verizon will give me $800 trade in and free upgrade to 500GB, can also get the Samsung buds for $75. The 5G plane has Disney Plus which I already pay for, so can cancel that save $11 whereas the 5G plan is only $10 than the plan I have now. Those are all pretty good deals of course.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Can't decide if now is the time to upgrade from my Note 10+ to an Ultra 23 or not. As in upgrade now with the good pre-order offers available. Or wait another year and hope the 2024 phones are a great deal better, maybe the Ultra 24 gets a really cool face lift or fresh design. I'm a suckered for cool new designs if one may be coming in 2024.

Would you all say go for an upgrade now or hold off another year ?

My Note 10+ does everything I need really and I'm one of those types who loves the expandable memory. I like taking my huge music and photo collections everywhere I go. I don't do much gaming aside from Marvel Puzzle Quest and Diablo. I do like to take quite a lot of photos especially when I'm out in nature often. 5G would be nice but not sure how bad I need it in my case. An upgrade would be nice but I'm not desperate.

Right now Verizon will give me $800 trade in and free upgrade to 500GB, can also get the Samsung buds for $75. The 5G plane has Disney Plus which I already pay for, so can cancel that save $11 whereas the 5G plan is only $10 than the plan I have now. Those are all pretty good deals of course.
Did you actually enter everything on the order including your trade in info. You should get $1,000 trade in from Verizon with the note 10+. Note 9 up get $1,000. It says $800 on their website, it won't change to the $1,000 until you go thru the order process and enter the trade in info such as the IMEI number. I think it's plan dependent but it sounds like your changing to one that qualifies for the extra $200. Something to check out

As far as waiting.. You will have that thought of will next year be better each and every year. Check to see what amount of memory you're using now with phone memory and SD card combined. That's your answer to if the 512 will be enough. You could go thru Samsung get unlocked 1Tb memory but that's going to be a lot higher in cost

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I checked the memory and think it would be fine. Plus I have a backup phone in my Note 8 that I can pip my memory card in if I really want to carry all my music a d photos or use it as a music player. But I'm buying as much music as I used to and don't store videos or anything. I'll probably get into a music streaming service at some point as well, where I won't have to worry about storing all the music on a card or how much memory the phone has.

Think you're right every year I'll always wonder if next year's offering is much better. Worst case I'd pay off what little is left on the Ultra 23 and get whatever came out in 24 if was something killer.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I checked the memory and think it would be fine. Plus I have a backup phone in my Note 8 that I can pip my memory card in if I really want to carry all my music a d photos or use it as a music player. But I'm buying as much music as I used to and don't store videos or anything. I'll probably get into a music streaming service at some point as well, where I won't have to worry about storing all the music on a card or how much memory the phone has.

Think you're right every year I'll always wonder if next year's offering is much better. Worst case I'd pay off what little is left on the Ultra 23 and get whatever came out in 24 if was something killer.
If they do only give you $800 for the note 10+ after you check what I told you to do I would trade the note 8 in for the $800 and keep your note 10+.

Keep in mind if you you want to pay the S23U off in 2 years you will lose 12 months of credits. At $22.22 monthly credits for the $800 trade in you will forfeit $266.67.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded my wife's Note 10+ to S23 ultra. T-mobile gave $1000 promotion credit and free memory upgrade.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
If they do only give you $800 for the note 10+ after you check what I told you to do I would trade the note 8 in for the $800 and keep your note 10+.

Keep in mind if you you want to pay the S23U off in 2 years you will lose 12 months of credits. At $22.22 monthly credits for the $800 trade in you will forfeit $266.67.

I went ahead with the upgrade, got a cream color. They double checked what my trade in value would be and my phone was showing $800. I did also checked my Note 8 but that apparently wouldn't have gotten me anything close to $800. I know sometimes ATT and TMobile will take in any piece of junk for a max trade in. Was hoping Verizon would take the Note 8 but I couldnt get the same deal with that phone. But I look forward to my phone on Friday!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead with the upgrade, got a cream color. They double checked what my trade in value would be and my phone was showing $800. I did also checked my Note 8 but that apparently wouldn't have gotten me anything close to $800. I know sometimes ATT and TMobile will take in any piece of junk for a max trade in. Was hoping Verizon would take the Note 8 but I couldnt get the same deal with that phone. But I look forward to my phone on Friday!

Enjoy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter