Desktop dock static/popping sound

grandprixrrt

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
First off, my Fascinate is completely stock running Android 2.2

I am currently on my second Samsung Desktop Dock for my Fascinate. My first one I sent back to Samsung for repair because when I would play music from my phone, through the dock to my stereo with the audio jack, I was constantly getting a faint static/popping like noise in the background of the music. I noticed that when I would unplug the power jack connected to the dock, the static/popping sound would disappear and the music would sound great. I contacted Samsung and they had me send it to them for repair. I sent it to them and they sent me a new dock. How nice of them :) Well the new dock does the same exact thing. Has anyone else noticed a static/popping sound when playing music on a stereo from the dock and also perhaps know why this is happening?...besides crappy design. Possible fix? :)

BTW I also have the car dock and I tested it on the same stereo and I get no static/popping with it.

gadder

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm having the same problem. There is a thread on this at XDA developers, subject " Desktop Dock Line Out Electrical Noise/Static" (sorry, not allowed to post the link...)

Would appreciate any advice, or knowing if a known solution has been found.

Cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87