Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
SatFeb06134931PST2010.jpg

Next item: A 100 pack spindle of DVD-R

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
RE: wet shaving...

I discovered this about 3 years ago. I switched based primarily on economics. I was using the multi-blade cartridge thing and every time I spent $20+ for a box of blades that gave me a crappy, irritated shave I got angry. I spent about $50 for a Merkur razor, $50 for a badger brush, $30 for a variety of shave creams, and $10 for an assortment of different brand razors

I did an excel spreadsheet (I know, I'm anal) and determined that after about 1 year I'd start saving and then every year I continued using with the wet shave method I'd see more cost benefits.

I didn't plan on enjoying it soooo much and the added benefit of a wonderful and enjoyable shave were reason enough to switch (aside from the cost savings).

I settled on feather blades (made in Japan, ninja assassin sharp) I buy about 6 months worth at a time off of a website. It works out to be about $0.50 per blade. I switch every Sunday morning - So, with cream - about a buck a week. I agree with Corey, stay away from Merkur blades (overpriced and not very good).

I use Proraso shave cream from Italy. It costs about $10 and lasts about 4-5 months if you switch off to others in your arsenal of a medicine cabinet. It has menthol and eucalyptus which I'm told are not great for sensitive skin as it dries it out - However, I have sensitive skin and it works great for me. Please DON'T switch to wet shaving and use some aerosol gel crap.

Use an alcohol free aftershave - you WILL have little invisible cuts and knicks when starting off with a double-edge. Alcohol will sting like nothing you wanna know. I use Cade aftershave from l'occitane.

Buy a styptic pencil - or better yet - an alum block. Research these to see what they are. Research, research, research - wet shaving is NOT easy until you re-learn how to listen to your face. Most important: let the razor do the work, don't push, and use plenty of hot water.

You'll love it and will have ZERO bumps or irritation within 2 weeks and will actually look forward to shaving.

ok... sorry to everyone who doesn't care about this. I just can't help preaching about the benefits of wet shaving.

back on topic... what is it now DVD-R's?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Larry, I just now caught the "sure they are" jab... well, you're on to me. I'm the famous menstruating male - don't tease, I'm sensitive about it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
RE: wet shaving...

Thanks for everything you wrote. Corey and I swapped PM's about this and you both have me totally sold. I can't wait until my Merkur HD 38 arrives. Now I need to acquire a good brush and the creams you guys recommend. If nothing else, I just think the razor looks freaking awesome.

2010-02-06142236.jpg

How about this?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everything you wrote. Corey and I swapped PM's about this and you both have me totally sold. I can't wait until my Merkur HD 38 arrives. Now I need to acquire a good brush and the creams you guys recommend. If nothing else, I just think the razor looks freaking awesome.

2010-02-06142236.jpg

How about this?

Looks like 50.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hmm OK since it's superbowl sunday and everything I figure somebody should be able to find and photograph one of these... I want to see a picture of a Beer Keg! LoL

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Going on a day and a half with no keg : ( we all need to start drinking more this is pretty sad.

I'm right by Sun Life Stadium, there was no way in hell I was going out last night with all the crazies... Plus, my dad an I switched cars, so I don't think he'd like it if his car came back dinged, weather it by my fault or not.