AI Photo Generator

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Happy Saturday Samsung Knights,

We've had this phone for a couple of weeks now and overall I am satisfied with its abilities and performance. However, I feel something is missing. This phone has been marketed as an AI powerhouse, but where oh where is the AI photo generator app? Does Samsung have or plan to have a native app similar to Midjourney or Adobe Firefly? TBH, I feel like this is a valuable item that is missing from the S24 Ultra experience. Sound off, what do you all think, or am I missing something?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
It is not AI photo generator. It is AI photo editing. It uses advanced intelligence (AI) to assist in photo editing. It is not designed to create images from scratch.

Reactions: nuangel2

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
As for advanced photo editing capabilities you mentioned. I'm not sure mobile devices like phones and tablets are there yet with respect to hardware. To be clear phone and tablet manufacturers are pushing the boundaries. But for now, PCs (both Windows and Macs) will be the platforms of choice for a little while longer when it comes to advanced intelligence muscle. Mainly because you can cram bigger faster processors, SSDs, and RAM into a laptop or desktop PC than you can cram into a device the size of a tablet or phone.

For those who think that doing what the video demonstrates is wrong. Keep in mind, image editing has been around for millennia. I've done my fair share of dodging, burning, and cropping in a dark room as well as in Photoshop and Lightroom. And name one artist that hasn't gone back to tweak a painting or two.

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe my question was misunderstood. Is there a native Samsung AI photo generator app available or in the works? And yes, I saw the Google Gemini App earlier. I think I'll give it a try.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Maybe my question was misunderstood. Is there a native Samsung AI photo generator app available or in the works? And yes, I saw the Google Gemini App earlier. I think I'll give it a try.
Short answer: No and I don't know.

To get snarky, it is called the Camera app and Expert RAW app. Those generate photos and Samsung has implemented some AI to assist in exposure, focus, etc.

Reactions: rvbfan

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Bing App w/ CoPilot also does AI images.. It was recently improved. Good for beginners too!

Any corporate AI is going to be lame. Especially AI generated images. Liability and all