G2 Stuck at HTC screen and eMMC read error - Please Help!

archos

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
A little while ago, while my Google G2 was updating the battery died, interrupting the process.
When I went to turn it on later, after having charged it, it would load the HTC screen and stay frozen there, unresponsive to button commands.

I pulled the battery out, went to the HBoot screen and tried to Factory Reset, but it would freeze.
Recently, I went to look for some ways to fix my phone and learned that you can update the system from the SD card. I found that I was able to access the recovery menu, so I downloaded an update package, put it onto my SD card labeling it as "update.zip" and I tried to apply the update, but it didn't work.
When I go the recovery screen and run the update I get these errors:
E: Can't mount /data/data/recovery/log
E: Can't open /data/data/recover/log
E:set_bootloader_message_block: emmc_read_data fail!

-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
E: Can't mount /data/data/recovery/HTCFOTA/update_result.log
E: Can't mount /data/data/recovery/OMADM/update_result.log

I'm a bit out of my depth when it comes to fixing the phone, especially if it involves fixing the eMMC. Is there any way around this problem? Am I loading the update from SD card incorrectly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
A little while ago, while my Google G2 was updating the battery died, interrupting the process.
When I went to turn it on later, after having charged it, it would load the HTC screen and stay frozen there, unresponsive to button commands.

I pulled the battery out, went to the HBoot screen and tried to Factory Reset, but it would freeze.
Recently, I went to look for some ways to fix my phone and learned that you can update the system from the SD card. I found that I was able to access the recovery menu, so I downloaded an update package, put it onto my SD card labeling it as "update.zip" and I tried to apply the update, but it didn't work.
When I go the recovery screen and run the update I get these errors:

-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
E: Can't mount /data/data/recovery/HTCFOTA/update_result.log
E: Can't mount /data/data/recovery/OMADM/update_result.log

I'm a bit out of my depth when it comes to fixing the phone, especially if it involves fixing the eMMC. Is there any way around this problem? Am I loading the update from SD card incorrectly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you running a custom recovery?

archos

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Are you running a custom recovery?

wizzrah,

From what I understand custom recovery works only if you've rooted your phone. Which I haven't done and unfortunately, since I can't get past the HTC start up screen, I don't know how I would be able to do that. Is there a way to root the phone for custom recovery through the HBoot screen?

Thanks,
Archos

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
wizzrah,

From what I understand custom recovery works only if you've rooted your phone. Which I haven't done and unfortunately, since I can't get past the HTC start up screen, I don't know how I would be able to do that. Is there a way to root the phone for custom recovery through the HBoot screen?

Thanks,
Archos

Can you access fastboot in the bootloader menu?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa