PS Move, Sony lies about sales numbers.

Should Sony be allowed to consider each part of the Move as a sale of the entire Move

• Total voters

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't trust Sony. Their PS3 Move requires 3 things. The Eyetoy, A Wand controller, and a nun-chuck controller. Which are sold separably or in a bundle with a game, but no nunchuck. Sony is counting each piece as a sale. Yes, each piece. So if you get the camera, the wand, and the nunchuck, Sony is counting it as selling 3 PS3 Moves. So any sales numbers Sony says about the PS3 move, you have to divide by 3 to get the actual sales.

My brother has a PS3 and an Xbox 360. He was going to get the Move until he came over and played with my Kenect for awhile. :cool:

Yeh, that was off topic, but Sony has for years lied about sales numbers

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't trust Sony. Their PS3 Move requires 3 things. The Eyetoy, A Wand controller, and a nun-chuck controller. Which are sold separably or in a bundle with a game, but no nunchuck. Sony is counting each piece as a sale. Yes, each piece. So if you get the camera, the wand, and the nunchuck, Sony is counting it as selling 3 PS3 Moves. So any sales numbers Sony says about the PS3 move, you have to divide by 3 to get the actual sales.

My brother has a PS3 and an Xbox 360. He was going to get the Move until he came over and played with my Kenect for awhile. :cool:

Yeh, that was off topic, but Sony has for years lied about sales numbers

Can you provide a link to where you got your information?

Sent from my Optimus T

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Does it matter? Not to me; honestly its the software that matters.

That's what I hate about these fanboy wars, etc. They are based around quantity, not quality. And honestly, while Kinect is simply mind-blowing tech, the software at this point is, well, mediocre at best.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Does it matter? Not to me; honestly its the software that matters.

That's what I hate about these fanboy wars, etc. They are based around quantity, not quality. And honestly, while Kinect is simply mind-blowing tech, the software at this point is, well, mediocre at best.

completely agree; as an owner of both products, i can attest that while the tech is awesome and works very well on both accounts, there just is no software out there that makes either a must-buy right now

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
On my evo right now. Makes it hard to get links. Egadget and cnet news had reports on the subject. I did forget that MS is reporting sales numbers and sony is reporting shipped numbers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't care
Kinkenect sucks
I swear one day someone will get towards the end of beating the game have trouble on the last level get angry and it will decide that the command is to quote the game and they will lost all their progress

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't care
Kinkenect sucks
I swear one day someone will get towards the end of beating the game have trouble on the last level get angry and it will decide that the command is to quote the game and they will lost all their progress

Then you have never used it. Please don't bash products you have not used. I did not bash the PS3 Move, I was bashing Sony for lying about their sales numbers. I have not used a PS3 Move yet, but I expect it to be similar to a Wii.