Apps fail to install from Google Market and Amazon App Store

tymangin

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Issue: Apps fail to install from Google Market and Amazon App Store. Installation Error: Package File is invalid file.

I have plenty internal memory (110 MB) and SD storage space available (17 GB). I have searched Google many times and tried the following and keep getting this error.

? Goto Settings, Applications, App (Market or Amazaon store), clear cache. Then try download.
? Use My Backup Pro, MyToolBox ? Wipe Cache
? Use App Organizer, Clear App Cache
? Reboot to RECOVERY, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, reboot and try download again
? Use Root Explorer, goto the /Cache/Dalvik Cache folder and delete the files related to application. Then delete the apk file from /system/app folder. Then try download and installation again.
? Restore to factory settings and reinstalled all applications and eventually get the same error again.

Can you please help me fix this issue my Android phone?
Phone Specs: Rooted (Spring Lovers ROM) HTC EVO 4G. Remaining Internal ROM: 110 MB. Most apps moved to SD card via APPS2SD application.

? Current version of Sprint Android Firmware: 2.2
? Baseband Version: 2.15.00.11.19
? Kernel Version: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd
? Build Number: 3.70.651.1
? Browser Version: WebKit 3.1

tymangin

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to mention that I have installed 100+ apps from Google Market and Amazon Appstore but eventually I just stops working. Is there something that needs to be reset to get this working again? Some cache that needs to be cleared or apps that need to be reinstalled?