Issues with AT&T billing procedures

keithdlee2000

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
All:
Has anyone had this issue with AT&T?
First, I sent my first wireless smartphone check to them on 07/23/2011 -- a good three weeks before it is due. Then, someone from their system went ahead and electronically transfered the amount from my checking account to the (allegedly) AT&T account. Even though AT&T wireless has no record of this happening; frankly, that is what is showing up in my bank account statement.
Second, I send a new check to AT&T U-Verse to pay for this month's U-Verse bill of internet and TV usage. According to AT&T U-Verse, that got there fine; but, now my bank states that it didn't get there at all.
Now, has anyone had these types of issues with either AT&T wireless and/or AT&T U-Verse? If so, is there a special email address, phone number, and/or person I may address in order to alleviate this situation?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I dumped AT&T many many years ago, as they couldn't keep their ducks in the same pond.

As with your first issue, your bank should have routing and account numbers of where your first payment was transferred to. A simple fax from your bank stating this should alleviate the first issue. If all things are in order, it's AT&T's internal problems.

As with the second issue, it seems AT&T is happy, so I wouldn't worry about your bank. Just keep your own records straight. Eventually, things will sort themselves out.

As with a contact, I suggest their corporate HQ. Go for the top. One thing a top exec doesn't like, is to deal with stuff they shouldn't have to. They in turn, will filter it to the appropriate department, with choice words I am sure.

At least it worked for me when I was dealing with Nextel years ago.

One thing, be persistant.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I would go to a corporate att store. They should have a paymebt kiosk there that can take electronic check payments for both your cell and uverse. It will be quicker and easier to manage without the hassle of sending an actual check through snail mail.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I would go to a corporate att store. They should have a paymebt kiosk there that can take electronic check payments for both your cell and uverse. It will be quicker and easier to manage without the hassle of sending an actual check through snail mail.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

I believe he was using "electronic" check. Even though it's all electronic, they still wish to keep the word "check" in the linguistics. Essentially, it's an electronic transfer, not a real paper check.

keithdlee2011

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
All:
A big thank you to all those who answered my initial issue. AT&T Mobility got a hold of me yesterday and stated that they found the mistake and corrected it.

Keith

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87