Unbricking Huawei Ascend From Froyo Update

HellFireDemon

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I just tried updating my Ascend from 2.1 to 2.2 sunday, and I just went to the stores today to have them fix it. However, they told me they couldn't, or wouldn't help me, and 1 of them told me to check this website. I tried using the search feature, and it seems nobody has had my problem.

My phone is stuck in a power cycle, I think that's what the guy said. During the update, it failed while it was unpacking. After it fails, the phone locks up, no button works, even the power button does nothing. I tried removing my battery, and start over by redownloading the files through my computer this time, but when I turn my phone back on or plug it into the charger, it doesnt load up my phone it just tries to update again.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Remove batt. Replace and reboot while holding vol- and power...maybe menu or home too, cant remember exactly (google it) will get you to the recovery menu. Might be able to restore from there.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
As the above poster stated, pull the battery. Then reinstall it.

With the phone off, hold the vol + button, then press the power button, hold for a second or so, then release both.

This should boot you into the Recovery section of your phone. Not, that there may be a different combination of buttons to do this, as some phones are different.

It's called Booting to Recovery

Now, there are a couple things you can do. One of them I would suggest, is to wipe your cache memory. Then, try and do a factory restore/reset.

Hopefully, that data remained intact.

Navigation in this menu system is usually used by either vol + and -, or trackball. Selection either by power button, or trackball. All phone usually use these methods.

So try the above, and see if it sets it back.

Note, you have probably lost all contacts, apps, and user data, as resetting the phone returns it to it's original condition. Things on the sd card are not effected by this.

EDIT: one more thing, if it continues to try installing that update file, then try backing up the data on your SD (copy to pc) then formatting the sd and doing the above again. Also, you should check some of the forums specifically for your phone. They'll usually be able to help you better. One I advise, is xda developers.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo