HTC Clone

starman1695

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased an HTC HD2 clone from a Chinese company a couple months ago. It works really great with one exception; when I make, or answer, a call, I cannot access the keypad. So when I'm told to press 1 to do this or that, I can't. I contacted the seller. His advice was to revert to factory settings. I did that, but the only thing it accomplished was for me to lose all the stuff I had added from the Marketplace,, and it still won't let me access the keypad. Does anyone here have a solution that doesn't require a degree in technical engineering? Thanks. Oh, I guess I should mention that my phone is running Android 2.2.1. :confused:

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Try long pressing the Menu button during a call. This should bring up your keyboard. Or, when in a call, you may see an icon for Dialpad in the lower right side. It looks like a grid.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems the proximity sensor located on the front of the screen isnt detecting the absence of your face. One try holding the screen out at an angle and see if you can see it in the upper portion of the screen, usually located near the earpiece it should look like a little spot that slightly looks diff in color. clean that thoroughly some times a face smudge may alter the performance of it.
Also HTC HD2 clone? wasnt the HD2 a windows mobile phone? if so then there maybe a hardware to software issue happening when they ported android over to it.

edit: yes the HD2 was a winmo phone

starman1695

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes. This phone started life as a Windows phone, but the maker/seller changed it to an Android format, which was the main reason I bought it. Like I said, it works great except for that one little flaw. I'm going to try all the suggestions and I'll report back with the results.

Thanks folks. :)

starman1695

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased an HTC HD2 clone from a Chinese company a couple months ago. It works really great with one exception; when I make, or answer, a call, I cannot access the keypad. So when I'm told to press 1 to do this or that, I can't. I contacted the seller. His advice was to revert to factory settings. I did that, but the only thing it accomplished was for me to lose all the stuff I had added from the Marketplace,, and it still won't let me access the keypad. Does anyone here have a solution that doesn't require a degree in technical engineering? Thanks. Oh, I guess I should mention that my phone is running Android 2.2.1. :confused:
I tried everything suggested. Nothing worked. Is there anything else I can try?

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you see anything on the screen at all or is it blank?

If your display turns on when you remove it from your head do you see the keypad icon that Moscow mentioned?

starman1695

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you see anything on the screen at all or is it blank?

If your display turns on when you remove it from your head do you see the keypad icon that Moscow mentioned?
As soon as I dial a number (or use a contact) the screen goes black and stays that way. The only way I can stop it is to remove the battery.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
As a last chance, go into settings/call settings.

See if you have the option to "Keep Screen Awake" and "Always use Proximity".

Not sure if you have these options or if they will even help you, as all phones are different based on what ROM they are using.

As Tropper said, a hardware/software issue. Possibly reflashing a fresh Froyo Rom "might" help it, but from what I read about your phone, it may be a little difficult, as the phone was originally meant to run a Windows 6.5 OS.

starman1695

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
YAY....the problem has been solved. The solution is so simple, even I understood it. Just turn off the Proximity Sensor! A SUPER big thank you to sageDieu at RootzWiki!!!!! :)

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
You may see a drop in battery life. With the proximity sensor turned off the display will stay on when held against your head. The way it should work is the display turns off while against your head then turns back on when you remove it.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You may see a drop in battery life. With the proximity sensor turned off the display will stay on when held against your head. The way it should work is the display turns off while against your head then turns back on when you remove it.

Yes, maybe, but this person isn't running a regular android phone. It's a... Hybrid

The HD2 was originally a windows phone. And some "really" smart people figured how to port Android to it. Maybe good, maybe not. What bothers me, is more and more issues are starting to crop up with these devices, as they offer a cheaper alternative to a regular android phone.

As with battery life, I would guess it's probably not good out of the box.

Not to mention when things go wrong,,, they require a "unique" approach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty