Ice Cream Sandwich devices

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I was curious! If ICS devices have no physical buttons on the front ie: Home, Back, Menu/ Settings, Search. How would the current HC devices fare with a ICS update? If you already had the physical or capacitive buttons on a Honeycomb device how would a Ice Cream Sandwich update, look or feel on a device that has buttons already on it?

I was thinking is it worth buying a new HC device now, or waiting for a ICS device in the near future, will the ICS update be that big of an update, hardware wise? :-\ :confused:

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I just went and looked, I couldnt find any HC devices that had physical buttons.
I would venture a guess and say that if you know of any that have HC on them, that they prolly wont receive an official update to ICS unless it is a heavily skinned device something like sense

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Google will probably introduce two different iterations or, what I believe is going to be the case, coding built into ICS that is able to identify whether or not physical buttons exists. This will allow the software keys to not appear and the physical buttons be in use.

Really, we won't know definitively until ICS is publicly released.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It was said in an interview that on screen buttons will only be there if needed.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87