My Apps keep updating

dakotajoe

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My Droid X (gingerbread) apps market keeps updating the same apps every couple of days. This morning the app market showed 18 of my apps need to be updated. All the apps were updated several days ago.
Any suggestions?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It's common for some apps to be updated quite frequently by the dev's. While the market is open, select Menu/Settings and turn off Notifications.

The market will still show updates are available when you select My Apps.

If the aps are updating by themselves, open the app and select Menu/Settings, and see if there is an auto-update option you can turn to Off.

Rom Manager is notorious for auto-updating uncommanded ;) so I suppose some other apps are as well.

One more note, avoid selecting Update All if you have more than 3 or 4 apps that need updating. Updating numerous apps can sometimes lead to continous updating issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: dakotajoe

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If it's the same apps every couple of days, have you tried re-installing all or a couple of them (depending on how many there are) to test to see if that fixes the problem?

dakotajoe

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had to restart my phone this morning and the 18 apps were back needing updating. Deleted all of them, did a battery pull and then re-installed one-by-one. Have to wait and see if this worked.
Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No problem. I hope that fixes the problem. If not, maybe try uninstalling them all and reinstalling them one or two at a time, then wait a couple of days, to see if you run into any problems. Who knows, could be one particular app giving you the problem.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If the app runs fine, I prefer just to ignore the "notice" in the Market. Like my next door neighbor ;) She may be hot, But I function fine, so no need to change things ;) And I doubt, I will get any new features ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699