SMS + EMAIL App Questions

EN4CER69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hiya..

1. I have been using Handcent for SMS, but I get SMS coming through on the stock SMS app as well.. Is there anyway to just get it sent only to Handcent?

2. Is there a better email app to the stock one?

3. Is there an app to show pop up notifications on screen when I get email & SMS instead of showing in the top left hand corner of the screen?

PS - I have a HTC Desire Z running 2.3.3

Thanks for all and any help :)

EN4

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hiya..

1. I have been using Handcent for SMS, but I get SMS coming through on the stock SMS app as well.. Is there anyway to just get it sent only to Handcent?

2. Is there a better email app to the stock one?

3. Is there an app to show pop up notifications on screen when I get email & SMS instead of showing in the top left hand corner of the screen?

PS - I have a HTC Desire Z running 2.3.3

Thanks for all and any help :)

EN4

1. Just go into the stock sms application and turn off notification. That way only Handcent notify you.
The stock application will still receive message, nothing you can do, it's a system app.

2. you can try K9 email

3. The Handcent actually have a a pop up screen option. There are plenty of apps that will do this also, just have a look in the market

Reactions: EN4CER69

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe GO SMS completely stops the sms/txts from coming to your stock application. That might be something worth checking out.

Reactions: EN4CER69

EN4CER69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
1. Just go into the stock sms application and turn off notification. That way only Handcent notify you.
The stock application will still receive message, nothing you can do, it's a system app.

2. you can try K9 email

3. The Handcent actually have a a pop up screen option. There are plenty of apps that will do this also, just have a look in the market

Did 1 2 and 3 .. thanks m8.. love K9

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty