Can't get into Recovery Mode - Nexus S

noonanbobby

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I just rooted my Nexus S and it was successful.

However, now when I try to install Cyanogenmod I can't get into recovery?? When I go into bootloader, at the bottom it says "Fastboot Status - FAILInvailed Command". And when I click on Recovery, the Google logo shows up with an unlocked image below it. It flashes a few times and then reboots the phone regularly.

Any help would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

-Bobby

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

d_pang

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem except mine is stuck at the google logo screen with the unlock symbol at the bottom. I have flashed the clockwork recovery with rom manager and still nothing happens.

karimzz

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
i just bought Google nexus s and updated ice cream sandwich via auto update .. now when i go to recovery mode in a few seconds red exclamation marks appeared and then phone stuck wht should i do ? someone told me you need to root your phone your firmware is correct please help...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem except mine is stuck at the google logo screen with the unlock symbol at the bottom. I have flashed the clockwork recovery with rom manager and still nothing happens.
I hope you are rooted because flashing recovery need root. if it doesnt work try this guide to flash recovery using flashboot. do only what u need. Here is my guide http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...er-factory-restore-root-any-nexus-device.html

i just bought Google nexus s and updated ice cream sandwich via auto update .. now when i go to recovery mode in a few seconds red exclamation marks appeared and then phone stuck wht should i do ? someone told me you need to root your phone your firmware is correct please help...

You dont have to root your phone but if you want to start fresh here is the guide. if you need help ping me or post here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...er-factory-restore-root-any-nexus-device.html