gmail not updating ever since I installed new OS

digitaldogs

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
On Nov 17 I installed an OS update in my Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G and ever since then the gmail app refuses to update my emails. I have about 10 different email addy's I checked regularly on the phone and now, no matter how many times I manually try to synch up gmail I cannot get any new messages.

Has anyone else had this problem & what is the fix?

And, just to be clear: no, OF COURSE I have not disabled my synch for the 10+ email addy's I used to be able to read on the thing; and yes, OF COURSE I have tried copious times to manually synch it up. It just won't. I'm reluctant to uninstall the gmail app and re-install b/c I have so many email accounts tied up on it, it would be a real pain. And yes, OF COURSE all my apps are backed up. But having your apps backed up on android doesn't mean you can hard reboot your phone and re-install everything easily. My phone is maxed out and it will take me forever to hard reboot and re-install all the apps. I've moved all of the apps I can onto my card, but there are still many that only install on the internal memory.

I appreciate any advice!

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
go to settings > manage applications > select gmail application > then tap on clear data. it will ask you if you are sure, just tap "yes". turn the phone off.. wait about 30secs, then turn back on and try again. if this procedure doesn't work, you going to have to uninstall gmail app, and reinstall. it could be a simple hiccup with app, or the gmail didn't properly install after the os update.

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
go to settings > manage applications > select gmail application > then tap on clear data. it will ask you if you are sure, just tap "yes". turn the phone off.. wait about 30secs, then turn back on and try again. if this procedure doesn't work, you going to have to uninstall gmail app, and reinstall. it could be a simple hiccup with app, or the gmail didn't properly install after the os update.

It definately is an issue with the gmail app. But, if I'm not mistaken, I believe you must root the device to uninstall the gmail app? On a carrier branded devices anyhow.

digitaldogs

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
haha guys.. no one read that I well know how to synch my many email account w my phone. In point of fact there are at least 2-3 different ways, and could be more, to manually tell yr phone to synch your data w yr gmail accounts.

In the end what I did was uninstall a few apps to free up more space and then upgrade my gmail app.

The phone (Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G) still sucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non