How To Change The Default Video Player?

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
How do I change the default video player? Right now it is set to open and play videos in the default Android video player, but I want to use a better, more feature rich video player from the marketplace. I tried using apps that changed defaults, but they didn't have any options for videos, just which default app would open pics.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

freddyroosevelt

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

There are 100s of apps on my phone and I have no clue which one is the default video player app. I have never set any app as default for playing videos so does anybody know which app is the - let's call it factory setted - default app for playing videos (Samsung Galaxy Note)? I'd really appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Freddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're not sure, you should be able to clear all defaults. Go to Settings/Apps, then tap the menu button and select "Reset app preferences" or something to that effect (the wording may differ between devices.

svdroidguy

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Shoot. I used to be able to choose the player in Facebook but now "some" player automatically opens. I want to be able to choose because I can use Allcast and watch on my TV. Well, now I cannot. Tried resetting app preferences and that did not work. Not sure what the heck happened...it worked fine yesterday!!

Pete Alimi

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Same here...I have soft rest, hard reset, no changes. I went to bestbuy and played with a demo phone (note 3) it worked fine, I am wondering if Facebook changed something that now we can't use our own player, love to knw how to fix that . I used yo be able to down load video but I can't now.

svdroidguy

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Same here...I have soft rest, hard reset, no changes. I went to bestbuy and played with a demo phone (note 3) it worked fine, I am wondering if Facebook changed something that now we can't use our own player, love to knw how to fix that . I used yo be able to down load video but I can't now.

It indeed is a Facebook issue. I tried uninstalling then re-installing and it worked for a little while...then went back into using "some" video player. It does this on both my S4 and Tab II so I know it isn't the phone.

Siva Kumar 777

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
How do I change the default video player? Right now it is set to open and play videos in the default Android video player, but I want to use a better, more feature rich video player from the marketplace. I tried using apps that changed defaults, but they didn't have any options for videos, just which default app would open pics.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

This is because of the latest Facebook update... Most phones and tabs auto update their apps on WiFi... Hence you don't realise that there is a change between yesterday and today... All of a sudden the videos start opening in-app by default...

Go to settings >apps>facebook.
Uninstall updates... It'll ask you "do you want to revert to factory version?" Say "yes".

Once done, open fb app, give your user credentials and log in...

Touch any video and you have multiple options available as old...

Enjoy!!!

Siva Kumar

prasanta sarma

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
baseballfanz
Go into Settings>Applications>Manage application>find the video player that's default right now, click on it and find the clear default button.

Thanks yaa!! Reallt worked ....thanxs for feel me relax

Kirsty Corker

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
All my video options say no default set? I can't see a way to set one. When I play videos it doesn't prompt me to set default. Also my videos i have recorded myself are playing sound but not the image? Help!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez