Cannot delete pictures from gallery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Clearing data from the Gallery app might not get rid of those pics if they're saved somewhere on your phone, because when the Gallery rebuilds, it'll probably just add those pics again. If they do come back, long-press the pic and select Details from the menu. It should list the directory where the pic resides. You could then navigate there with any file manager app and permanently delete it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

chathura666

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
1..Open your Android phone's application list and then tap "Settings."
2..Tap "Accounts & Sync" and then tap your Google account
3..Tap the box next to "Picasa Web Albums" to deselect the sync feature. The system automatically saves the operation. Tap "Back" twice or "Home" to return to the home screen.
4..Open your Android photo gallery. The Blogger photo galleries should now be gone.

Vinayak Kanwar

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
thank you so much that worked for me as well..i was going through the same dilemma & actually got rid of exactly those photographs which i wanted to..thanks again..cheers!

jstaggs1967

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, this does the trick.However, it is a bit sinister that I have to go to this much trouble to delete photos that I never wanted to begin with. I can't think of one reason why the device would choose to import hundreds of photos from a blog I haven't touched in years.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I have pictures in the gallery that I think was pulled from an old blog I had on blogger. The problem is that I cannot delete these pictures. I have checked all file folders under my files. I have tried the long press method and put check marks on the pictures but the delete option disappears and all I am left with is share and about. I also connected my phone to my PC and checked all files there but these pictures seem to only show in the gallery. Seems if they are in the gallery then they have to be in a file somewhere? Sincing is turned off and the blog was deleted months ago. Any help would be appreciated. My phone is the Infuse.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I have pictures in the gallery that I think was pulled from an old blog I had on blogger. The problem is that I cannot delete these pictures. I have checked all file folders under my files. I have tried the long press method and put check marks on the pictures but the delete option disappears and all I am left with is share and about. I also connected my phone to my PC and checked all files there but these pictures seem to only show in the gallery. Seems if they are in the gallery then they have to be in a file somewhere? Sincing is turned off and the blog was deleted months ago. Any help would be appreciated. My phone is the Infuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont know what I am doing

Mac McKay

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
That 'settings - applications - manage applications - all - gallery - clear data' worked until i switched the phone off and back on again .......... there were the bloody pictures again! I even tried the 'clear date' and 'force stop' both together, but when i turned the phone back on, the pictures were in my gallery again ........ HELP! IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

baechut

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
They're most likely being stored in a folder other then "pictures". Either from your computer or a file manager app like"Astro". Browse through all the folders on the SD card and see if you can find the images. You can also try a "search" of the SD card for file extensions like... jpeg, gif, png, bmp.

nucleisoft

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
i found on my cheap china knock off phone that you could only delete images ether by swiping them up or down off screen or by opeing the folder called files and even though there not in there you can find ref to there names in app data that you downloaded the iage with so for instance in dropbox data there was some things i just dleted them all and images are gone now.