How to get rid of a missed call notification

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid Incredible and when the device is locked there is a message at the bottom that says I have a missed call. I looked in my call history and found nothing regarding ths call. I have subsequently removed my entire call history but this notification message still appears. Anyone know how to get rid of this bogus message?

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I power off the device every night. Tonight I removed the battery in the hope that that will take care of the issue.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Hate to say it but you might have to factory reset if it bugs you that much. I had it where it kept telling me I had a text message when I didn't... factory reset fixed it nothing else would.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess I was lucky this time as I took the battery out of the device and put it back in about 30 second later before putting it on the charger and when I turned it on this morning the message was gone. In retrospect I'm now wondering if there was another way to do this as I'm unsure just what the real behavior is of this option I'm about to discuss is. If anyone knows the answer let me know.

When I turn on my HTC Incredible in the morning, it starts really fast in comparison to the startup speed in the previous firmware release. After pulling the battery out last night the startup time was VERY slow in comparison. It appears to me that in the latest firmware release, the OS is caching information somehow to make the startup time faster and that perhaps my missed call notifications was somehow stuck in the cache and that by pulling the battery the system was forced to rebuild the cache from scratch. One thing that I've noticed on my phone after the last firmware upgrade is that when I press and hold the button on the top of the phone to turn the phone off there is another option called RESTART so my queston is whether this RESTART function is a warm restart (i.e. a quick logoff/logon) or a cold restart (i.e. a complete power down/power up) where nothing is retained in cache? If anyone understands this behavior of this RESTART option, let me know.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Would make sense. However I was on froyo so I imagine that wasn't put in place yet. I just rooted and custom romed. Ran circles around stock

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I power off the device every night. Tonight I removed the battery in the hope that that will take care of the issue.

When you say you power off the device, I assume you mean you hold the power button until the menu comes up and choose power off. That's really misleading with Android because that method doesn't actually power the device off. It's more like sleep on a pc. It doesn't clear anything out of memory. To clear memory, you have to choose restart or do a battery pull.

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
When you say you power off the device, I assume you mean you hold the power button until the menu comes up and choose power off. That's really misleading with Android because that method doesn't actually power the device off. It's more like sleep on a pc. It doesn't clear anything out of memory. To clear memory, you have to choose restart or do a battery pull.

I think that you've just confirmed my suspicion that a "power off" is not really a true shut down but a hibernation and would explain why the stuck missed call message would not go away. I will remember to try the restart the next time instead of pulling the battery as I'm always afraid that I'll break the back cover trying to get it unsnapped. Thanks a lot for clearing this up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo