Facebook app won't update

heyyitzmegann

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
On my htc vivid, i can't update the facebook app. it says error your order will be available in a few minutes, but it has been two days and it still hasn't updated. and it says starting download... but it doesn't start the download. what should i do? please help. any suggestions besides factory reset please?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

First. Is the facebook app already installed?

If so, then go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications and clear data/cache. Sometimes this is all you need to trigger the update.....

You can also try uninstalling the FB app from the same location and then redownloading it which should then download the most current.

Try that out and see how it works, I would hate to see you do a factory reset. I really don't believe that is a proper resolution for this problem.

Enjoy the forums.

heyyitzmegann

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
yes, it is already installed with the phone. i uninstalled it and theres no install so i clicked on update and it wont update. i went to settings/applications/manage applications and clear data/cache. then i went to the google play store and clicked accept and tried to update the app but it still didn't work. i turned on and off my phone and restarted and took out the battery and inserted it back in. still nothing.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna move this over to the General Help section, it should get some better views there and hopefully a fix for your problem.

Hang in there :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did this only happen with the Facebook app? I've had problems with apps being stuck "preparing to download" and a reboot or clearing cache in the Market (Play) store usually fixes it. Good to see you resolved it -- Welcome to AC!

britni98

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem! Only I have the HTC incredible. I tried what was suggested but it won't work. I'm very frustrated. Please help me.

Mazda9683

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So I got a replacement phone from Verizon for poor data speeds and I was getting it back up to speed installing my apps and all that stuff... When i went to update facebook app it just would not go and i kept getting errors so i tried all the clearing cache and force stopping it etc.

What I did to make it work was go to settings on your phone, then tap on accounts and sync and add facebook as an account you want to sync.

when i did this it took me to the app and had me log in like it did before then told me to update but this time it worked...

I also added my mobile phone to my facebook so maybe it was able to verify my phone number to start the download?

anyways it worked for me.

Shea McLin

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
On my htc vivid, i can't update the facebook app. it says error your order will be available in a few minutes, but it has been two days and it still hasn't updated. and it says starting download... but it doesn't start the download. what should i do? please help. any suggestions besides factory reset please?

Melissa Simmons

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress