Headset mic to bluetooth

travelenman333

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My father has problems hearing. I want to be able to come out of his cable box with an audio cable and plug it into his phone, then route the audio via bluetooth. Is there a wireless mic app or something similar that I can do this with? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The closest you can come without buying a TV headset is something like the Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter plugged into a TV set's earphone jack (via a 3.5mm-to-2.5mm adapter that you can get at Radio Shack). The problem is that it runs off its internal battery, and probably won't run for more than an hour or so unless the charger is plugged in.

You can pair the A210 with any Bluetooth headset, including the ones used on cellphones (which is really what the A210 was designed for - the old cellphones that didn't have Bluetooth).

I'd like the same thing, though - someone to come out with a Bluetooth adapter that runs off the powerline and plugs into a 3.5mm jack. I haven't found one yet. Or any cheap TV wireless headset that actually works for more than a few feet (like the "as seen on TV" piece of junk).

Reactions: travelenman333

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
-

They do have many different BT hearing impaired adapters & many other wired adapters that can be used for many different purposes such as the cable box & phones. They are a specialty items usually available @ hearing aid adapters / helpers stores online. Sorry I don't have any links, but I do know that they are available for many different set ups, try googling hearing aid adapters.

Hope you find something that you can work with

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hearing impaired TV headsets aren't Bluetooth, they're proprietary protocols. Some are pretty good - but cost upward of $300. Some are reasonably priced - but only work for about the size of one room. A true class 3 BT setup will cover most, if not all, of a house and not be too expensive. There just aren't any that I've found for TV use. (As far as the ones sold for the hard of hearing, I wear 2 hearing aids and I'm in my audiologists' office regularly, so I know what's available in that industry - and the ones sold on Amazon for $70 are sold by audiologists for $270, so that's not a place to look. The markup in those offices would make an old-time oil baron blush.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87