Google Calendar Erroneously Deleting Events

adam11103

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi -

First time poster, so I apologize if this is not the correct forum. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Over the last couple of weeks, google calendar has repeatedly deleted the events I entered. It occurs approximately 12-24 hours after I create the event.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, has anyone had luck fixing it?

Finally, does anyone know how I can contact google directly about this issue? Their "help" page is a labyrinth.

Devices: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Macbook OSX 10.6.8

Thanks,
Adam

CharlieSD

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same the same excact issue.I have a GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Official Google Andriod 4.1.1 Anyone knows how to fix this?
I noticed that when I create the event on the computer is syncronizes right away with the phone and shows and stays on poth devices ok but when I create the event on the phone. It does not shows on the computer and after phone synchronizes, it deletes the event on the phone. It seems like it has to do with some permission needed to be granted on Google calendar for the phone to access the calendar. Much like the Google Play Music App.

Last edited:

CharlieSD

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
OK I figure this out. After the update to 4.1.1, I have this similar issue with the Music Play Application's Permissions and I had to clear the catche in order for the music to synchronize properly with the cloud. This problem with the calendar is the same thing. After the update, if you don't clear the memory on these two applications, you will be able to manage them from a computer but anything you do over the phone will not synchronize with the cloud, the songs you upload over the phone won't upload and the events you've created will be removed right after cloud synchronization is performed.
Good thing is, once you apply this fix, all the deleted events will magically reappear and Music Play will work as intended.

From your phone do the following:
1.- Open Settings
2.- Scroll down to "Device" and select "Apps"
3.- Swipe to the right twice to select "All"
4.- Scroll down to "Calendar Storage" and open it.
5.- Press "Clear Cache" and then press "Clear Data" in that order.
6.- Repeat these steps for Google Play Music if you are having issues keeping songs on device for offline listening/uploading/downloading from phone.
7.- Restart your phone and your computer.
9.- Enjoy your Jelly Beans.

It worked for me, so I hope it does for you.

CharlieSD

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
OK I figure this out. After the OTA update of my SG Nexus to 4.1.1, I have this similar issue with the Music Play Application's Permissions and I had to clear the catche in order for the music to synchronyze properly with the cloud. This problem with the calendar is the same thing. After the update, if you don't clear the memory on these two applications, you will be able to manage them from a computer but anything you do over the phone will not synchronize with the cloud, the songs you upload over the phone won't upload and the events you've created will be removed.
Good thing is, once you apply this fix, all the deleted events will magically reappear and Music Play will work as intended.

From your phone do the following:
1.- Open Settings
2.- Scroll down to "Device" and select "Apps"
3.- Swipe to the right twice to select "All"
4.- Scroll down to "Calendar Storage" and open it.
5.- Press "Clear Cache" and then press "Clear Data" in that order.
6.- Repeat these steps for Google Play Music if you are having issues keeping songs on device for offline listening/uploading/downloading from phone.
7.- Restart your phone and your computer.

It worked for me, so I hope it does for you. Enjoy your Jelly Beans.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty