NTP not synchronizing

psmul

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Perhaps someone can help me. I recently bought my first smart phone (Sony Xperia Active Android 2.3 if i'm not mistaken)

Since yesterday my time does not synchronize after a reboot. I rebooted a couple of times and also tried a different Apps which query and sync my clock. But they all come up with the same problem "server timeout", "perhaps there are network problems" "network not available" and I'm sure i have wifi working at the time. I also tried different NTP servers, IP adresses instead of DNS names and i've checked my home router (problem occurs at work as well).

Can anyone lend me some assistance...

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't need an app to have the clock sync. As long as you have a data plan, or, connect through WiFi, it should be accurate. When you connect to WiFi, are you sure that you are connected, as in, can you load a web page?

psmul

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes,
Tried several times to set it manually (an hour or day late) en then 'give it a minute'. Then I switched it back to automatic. But still no avail after an hour. The time doesn't sync after I injected a wrong one.

psmul

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Fixed the problem !!!

I don't know why I came up with it. But I wanted to reset the clock and therefore shut down the phone, removed the battery and waited 5 minutes. After that time reinstalled the battery and booted the phone. After some 15 minutes it had synced. Now both time sync apps show the exact correct time.

Thanks for all the help. Hope this might help other people as well.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear!! I know having the time off would drive me crazy. I would have eventually done a reset to try and fix it, haha.

No problem, I tried. Thanks for coming back and posting a solution. :D

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it happens in the future, be aware that mose cellphones sync the time and date to the cellphone tower, not by wifi or 3G. If the tower is having problems, or you can't get a cellular connection, you won't be getting the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer