Samsung Galaxy Note Phone Charging

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You mean it always shows charging when it's plugged in and fully charged, or, you mean it shows charging even when it's not plugged in?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look at the charging port with a magnifying glass - you'll probably see dirt in there. VERY carefully, with something non-metallic, clean it out. (Check the plug on the cord too.)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Woh, it's charging without the plug in? That is awesome. :p

Are you having problems charging it at all? Or, is it just that it thinks it's charging, even though it's not.

CliveRoberts

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dev
The chraging icon and tone comes on every now and again. I know it is not charging, but the notification comes on without it charging.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it's not giving you any other issue than saying it's charging when it's not, and, it doesn't interfere with charging when it's supposed to be, I don't know that I'd really worry about it. You can contact your carrier, as that sounds like hardware, and see what they have to say, but, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Had that problem with the Nexus, eventually the port failed all together. You might have to get it replaced

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case, might be a good idea to nip it in the bud and contact your carrier now and get a replacement if you still have a warranty.

aidenglen

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
This can be a major problem. My phone has been doing this for a couple of weeks and now it is sometimes difficult to switch on - it only shows the battery charging meter when I try to boot it. I'm wondering if this problem started after I used a non-standard battery pack to charge the phone...