Switching from iPhone to Android; what about music?

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
We have collected quite a bit of music in iTunes. Is there a way to move it over to an Android phone? We plan to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Nexus soon.
Pete

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We have collected quite a bit of music in iTunes. Is there a way to move it over to an Android phone? We plan to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Nexus soon.
Pete

The cleanest way, IMO, is to sync your music collection with Google Music.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My only concern is that the OP said "we".

You may want to sync a special Google account for music only.

Or sync your music with each Google account, one at a time.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I synced all my music to Google music and it works like a charm!!
There is also an option to sync iTunes music to Google music
and any music purchased from google music shows up in the music list with others music.

I dont even worry about copying music to my phone anymore. all i do is open music and make it offline and voila it downloaded to your phone.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The only problem is, all your songs have to be DRM free. Other than that, the sync to Google Music is cake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

dan8379

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Would someone mind elaborating for a new user on how to sync Itunes with Google Music. I assume I log into my Google account on the PC in question....what next? Thanks!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Would someone mind elaborating for a new user on how to sync Itunes with Google Music. I assume I log into my Google account on the PC in question....what next? Thanks!

You download the Google Music uploader. Run it, log into with your Google Account. Then point it to the folders where you have your music and wait for it to upload everything. It'll upload all DRM-free music it finds.

Note, you may want to make sure all of your MP3 tags are correct before uploading. You'll want to edit them in a program like Mp3tag vs. making edits in iTunes. You'll also probably want to embed any album art into the actual MP3 files (again using Mp3tag).

dan8379

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
But this won't physically save the music to your device, correct? Just holds it in the cloud? I will try this but need to find a solution to easily move my music files onto my tablet.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
But this won't physically save the music to your device, correct? Just holds it in the cloud? I will try this but need to find a solution to easily move my music files onto my tablet.

There is a option in Google play music to download music files offline to the device.

Its better than selecting all your favorite music from PC and copying it to the device using USB.

Not to mention when you buy a new phone/tablet or flash/Factory reset the phone every once in a while. all your music is gone and you have to copy paste all over again.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Use the Offline option. It'll save those songs onto your device.

dan8379

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Great...I will try when I get home tonight. Last question about this....will it save onto my SD card automatically? I have a lot of music and don't want to fill up the internal memory.

maestramommy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
What is DRM free? And does this work for all Android devices? I have a Samsung Exhibit 4G. Will I be able to move my itunes collection of playlists and albums onto Google music offline?

maestramommy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Also, my itunes collection is currently on my ipod. Can I keep two management systems? If I add tunes will I have to do it twice, once on my ipod once on the droid? And can I play songs I purchased off itunes via Google Music?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk