New to Android. How to log out of Gmail?

Doju

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi. My friend recently bought an HTC Legend. I was testing it out and as he doesn't have a Google account and I'm a Gmail user I logged in to get into the market.

Now I don't know how to log out as it pulled all my contacts and email. Something I don't want.

How do I logout so he can go back to using his phone and all my Google info is off the phone?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You'll probably have to do a reset to factory settings. It's not quite as simple as logging in and out, the account you specify when you start the phone for the first time becomes the "owner account". So, wipe the phone and do over.

There might be another way, but this is the impression I got of the whole first-run process.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
SeeK is correct. Your gmail account (the one you setup the phone with) is linked to the phone. He will need to setup a gmail account. It can be a dummy account just to set the phone up but he will need one.

You should wipe the phone (factory reset).

rowdyronzzverma

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
you don't really need to log out of Google...you can disregard it and use your own personal email and password...it gives you an option...thats what i did...took the option