camera not working in Infuse

mcbklyn

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have Infuse I997 with Gingerbread UCLB3.
I think my camera got wet during a rain and stopped working.
When I open camera (or flashlight) it opens up the application but the screen is black.
It also does not want to close and eventually shows a message that application stopped working and needs to close.
Any ideas if that can be repaired? And how/where?

Thanks

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have Infuse I997 with Gingerbread UCLB3.
I think my camera got wet during a rain and stopped working.
When I open camera (or flashlight) it opens up the application but the screen is black.
It also does not want to close and eventually shows a message that application stopped working and needs to close.
Any ideas if that can be repaired? And how/where?

Thanks

Have you tried any other 3rd party camera applications? Camera360, CameraZOOM FX, etc.? It sounds like maybe the program is messed up and not the camera itself.

mcbklyn

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Camera360 and it also fails with msg: Activity Camera360 is not responding.
Flashlight app is also not working.
Is it hardware?

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Camera360 and it also fails with msg: Activity Camera360 is not responding.
Flashlight app is also not working.
Is it hardware?

Have you tried reflashing the ROM you're using? Backup any important info/apps, do a NAND backup, factory reset/wipe cache/wipe dalvik, then reflash your ROM. Try the camera then. If you don't want to reflash the ROM, you could just try doing a factory reset/cache wipe. That would help to be absolutely certain that the problem is the camera and not Android.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks
I can try to flash ROM,
Do you have any instructions how to do it? Or I should search the forum?

If you are unfamiliar with flashing ROMs then the forums will be the place to start. Look for your specific device in the list. Be advised that flashing ROMs will generally void any warranty you have, so keep that in mind. Follow any and all instructions for ROM flashing exactly as written as you can damage your device and render it unusable. If you are uncomfortable with any of the info I've given, just do a factory reset through the settings menu, provided that you don't have a custom recovery. Further device specific information should be obtained directly though the forum for your specific device.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Try a factory reset, if that doesn't work, it's most likely hardware and you'll need to get it replaced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty