Question ASUS - ZenPad 10 - "Setup Wizard keeps stopping"

Patyaa

Jun 18, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I’m a bit new on this, so please, be understanding.

My brother game me a broken screen ASUS – ZenPad 10 – Z301MF – P028 tablet.

I’ve replaced the screen myself after buying it on-line.

The tablet was working fine, but I noticed that, in the Navigation Bar, there was only the Home virtual button, missing the Back and the Recent apps virtual buttons.

I did a factory reset, but that didn’t change anything.

I tried the Power + Volume down option to try to clean the cache partition, but there was no option regarding this.

I tried the Power + Volume down option and entered a Chinese menu that I managed to translate, and I selected the clean eMMC option, hoping that was something similar to clean cache partition.

After that, the tablet get stuck. After the “Welcome” menu, the input method selection menu and the Select Wi-Fi menu, it shows the message “Setup Wizard has stopped – Open app again”. I do the same process and it shows the message “Setup Wizard keeps stopping – Close app”, and it returns to the “Welcome” menu again.

What do you this I should do to make the tablet work again?

I’m not an expert so, please be patient…

Many, many thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try doing another factory reset from the Recovery Menu. If the problem persists, that might indicate corrupted firmware or failing hardware. It's a 6 year old device, so its age along with the history of damage might be factors.

Patyaa

Jun 18, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try doing another factory reset from the Recovery Menu. If the problem persists, that might indicate corrupted firmware or failing hardware. It's a 6 year old device, so its age along with the history of damage might be factors.
Thank you!

I've tried several time the factory reset from the Fastboot Mode menu, but the result is always the same.

I though something could be done.